Cleveland Babies

Cleveland Clinic OB recommendation

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got an OB that they recommend (preferably female) who is associated with Cleveland Clinic and Fairview Park Hospital?  My first appointment with the OB I originally selected isn't until 10 weeks.  That seems like such a long time to wait and I was wondering if anyone was able to make their first appointment sooner (say, 6 weeks?)

Re: Cleveland Clinic OB recommendation

• Unless you're AMA, I don't think they tend to see you much before 8 weeks. Kristen Ekman is my OB/GYN and I love her, but sometimes the office is crazy.  I've also worked with Sharon Sutherland and would see her as well.  I was planning to deliver at Fairview but ended up at Lakewood and have to say it was the best healthcare experience I've had and I would go there again (and I've worked in hospitals for 15+ years).  Congrats and good luck.
  • Mine wasn't until 10 weeks either and from what I've heard, I think that's standard!

I do go to Dr. Jean Reinhold in Avon who delivers at Fairfiew. I'm not due until Jan so I obviously haven't delivered yet, but she's been great so far. She's definitely laid back, but I love that aspect about her!

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 10 weeks is pretty standard
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had mine at 8wks 2days. I also have Dr Ekman at Lakewood Hospital. She came highly recommended by co-workers, a friend and our family doctor. Everyone in the clinic is so nice, and she's just great all together. We drive 45min for every appt!
  • I know you said preferable female, but mine was Dr. Fernbach who delivers at Fairview & his office is in North Olmsted (Fairview Medical offices) there are more OB's that are located in the same office & some are female that are really nice.  I love my OB & I had a few appts w/ others in his office when he was out & I liked them too.  I was w/ an RE & had my 1st appt w/ u/s at 7w (only b/c of fertilty issues) & then was referred back to my OB which my 1st appt w/ him was at about 9-10 weeks.

Good luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"