Detroit Babies

Do you moms use daycare, sitter, or relatives to watch LO?

just curious who watches your litttle ones. My mom and MIL watch my 5 yr old but I might have to do daycare once the little one arrives as my mom is getting a job and my MIL cant lift anything. Are you guys comfortable w daycare ?

Re: Do you moms use daycare, sitter, or relatives to watch LO?

• My kids go to daycare and to my inlaws once in a while.  They used to be at an in home daycare in my subdivision, but she recently decided to close down.  They now go to Krambrooke at 27 mile and Van ***.  I'm really happy with them and the kids seem to be taken care of better then they were at the in home place.  I trust the daycare centers more because there are more people and more eyes to watch.  I swear my DD's vocabulary had quadrupled in the couple of weeks she's been there.  She only goes 1-2 days a week too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My mom watches DD.  I would be comfortable with daycare though if it wasn't more than I make. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a sitter (part time nanny?) who comes to our house.  We plan on continuing that way when the new baby comes! We have a really great sitter, and she generally comes because one of us is sleeping, so it's worked out well. I think any arrangement would work, as long as you get a "good feeling" and feel able to trust where ever you are sending your child!

Good luck! I hope everything works out!

Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • I work part-time (3 days a week) and DH watches DD 1 day, while my Mom watches her the other 2. While we do not currently use daycare, I am comfortable with the idea and wouldn't be opposed to sending DD (after I had done the research to find a great place).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mother and MIL watch my DS.  Once he turns 1 in Feb, we will transition him to a day care for 3 days per week and then my mom and MIL will watch him one day each.

I am researching day care facilities now and am only considering those that  have come via a recommendation from another mom.

• I use a small in home daycare and I love it.  I didn't feel comfortable with larger centers and when a friend recommended this in home center I immediately contacted the lady.  I love her.  She is absolutely amazing and I am so lucky I was able to get DS in.  For a while he was the only child there 75% of the time.  It was wonderful.
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • LO is here yet, but we are doing a daycare center for when I go back to work.  I found a center that I am very comfortable with.  DH will have the baby one day a week, my parents will probably want the baby 1 day a week and I have a day off every other week, so the baby will be in day care 3-4 days a week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I worked pt my cousin watched her once a week and I worked during naps the rest of the week.

Now she is in preschool 2 mornings a week at a Goddard.  If I had to go back to work ft for some reason I'd likely enroll her and #2 there.  Very nice facility and I like the teachers.  You can tour most daycares while making a decision.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"