Nevada Babies

Military Gal New to Vegas!

Hola! My husband and I just found out that we are five weeks pregnant! I currently live in Spain (yes, the country) and will joining my husband in Las Vegas on 1 Nov. We are a military family that has been geographically separated now for almost 16 months! This will be my first time being a mother, moving to Las Vegas and starting fresh where I know absolutely NO ONE! I'm hoping to network, meet new families/friends and give/receive support. Thanks...hope to hear from you! 

Re: Military Gal New to Vegas!

• congrats on your BFP! if youre on base i would imagine that there is a great built in network. if not there are a few mommy groups in town that are pretty good. anyway, good luck with the move!
  • HI there! I'm new to this board too, but a regular on MN. My husband is AD AF and we're stationed in Las Vegas! Let me know if you ever have questions about the base hospital or anything!
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay--thanks so much! I'm so excited! I sure hope so!
  • Smile--thanks so much! You'll have to tell me about Vegas! I'm going to be taking some leave when I get there to set up up my house and get acquainted with the area and whatnot! 
  • welcome to vegas! check out vegasmommies.com for resources and mommy events. i've only been in vegas full time since june and now i have an 11 week old boy. you need other mommies to vent and get/give support. there are also some great new mommy mixers you can go to to meet people. check out the Barbara Greenspun womens center for that. good luck!
  • It looks like you should be in Vegas by now. Is your husband stationed at Nellis or Creech? I'm on base at Nellis and have a little one. He is about 6 months. He was a micropreemie, so he's really 2 1/2 months. lol.  I would love to show you around sometime or just hang out. It can be daunting to come to a new base and be pregnant at the same time. It happened to me as well. Email me if you'd like: melody@mcconico.com.

Have a great day!

-Mel

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"