Boston Babies

Pediatrician in Concord/Bedford Area

Hello,

I have a 10 month old daughter, and we are searching for a new pediatrician in the area, any suggestions. We are particularly looking for a doctor/practice that is more flexible and will work with us at doing a modified vaccine schedule as we approach the 1 yr MMR (even though the Lancet retracted the research it is still discerning).

Re: Pediatrician in Concord/Bedford Area

• I can't tell you about any in the Concord/Bedford area, since I couldn't find any there that would let me do a modified vaccine schedule.  The one I ended up finding is Dr. Deborah James at Children's Garden Pediatrics in Cambride, and she is letting us follow the Dr. Sears vaccine schedule.  Everyone else was kind of mean about when I called and asked!  It's not too bad of a drive from Bedford.  I like that she is less likely to order "routine" testing or invasive procedures if they're not 100% necessary, and she's not pushy when you say "no" to something.

Are you by any chance at Hanscom?  Just in case, she does take Tricare, but you want to double check about the other peds in the same office.  They will see your child if Dr. James is unavailable on short notice, but I think at least one of them does not take Tricare. 

• Patriot Pediatrics in Bedford is amazing, and they will work with you to modify a vaccine schedule! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We went to Pediatrics West in Westford and found the doctors to be supportive (while not necessarily proponents) of us doing the Dr. Sears alternative schedule.  We had to switch to Concord Hillside because my insurance is weird.  We just had our first visit with Dr. Meyerson and while she didn't seem totally in the loop on it, she was fine with us following the Dr. Sears schedule - as long as we stay on top of it so our daughter doesn't fall behind.  We did go slightly off schedule to do the Pentacel vax (the HIB/Dtap/polio one), which was new when the latest version of the book was published.  No reactions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"