Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What did you swear you wouldn't do

Re: What did you swear you wouldn't do

• I swore I would not put K in bed with us. But she won't sleep anywhere else!! :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I swore we would never put the baby in the bed.  Um, yeah right.  I value my sleep more than I thought!

She is in the bed with us after she eats at 4:45 every morning!

I also swore she would be in her crib by now.  I don't see the crib transition happening any time soon over here.

I also swore I wouldn't be weird about people being around her but, my anxiety levels are sky high when we are in a situation when people want to hold her.  Maybe it is because she isn't 100% healthy, or maybe it is because I am slightly neurotic.  Either way, I am that woman that I swore I would never be. 

Oh well...

• Loading the player...
  • I thought I'd be super mom and not need/use a paci.

bahahahahahahaha.....

• sleeping with lo in bed. 

• I will play...

I swore up and down that I would never bed-share.

Alec gets really gassy at night sometimes, and can't sleep.  Sometimes we put him in bed between us just so that we can all get some sleep.  Fortunately, we only do it for a few hours...usually between feedings, and once he's asleep, we move him into his bassinet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageLCB34:

I swore we would never put the baby in the bed.  Um, yeah right.  I value my sleep more than I thought!

I also swore she would be in her crib by now.  I don't see the crib transition happening any time soon over here.

I also swore I wouldn't be weird about people being around her but, my anxiety levels are sky high when we are in a situation when people want to hold her.  Maybe it is because she isn't 100% healthy, or maybe it is because I am slightly neurotic.  Either way, I am that woman that I swore I would never be. 

Oh well...

This was much easier then I thought it would be. B sleeps so much better now.

• I swore I'd be super attentive and active with her (basically the "fun" parent), but sometimes I can't even get on the floor for tummy time because I'm so exhausted. That and I sometimes do too much and it affects my incision.

At least daddy is around to do all the fun stuff.

• Keep the girls in their jammies all day.  We have tons of cute outfits, but I just can't bring myself to change them when they look so comfy. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageLCB34:

I swore we would never put the baby in the bed.  Um, yeah right.  I value my sleep more than I thought!

Oh well...

This, pretty much. It's flu season and I get paranoid about the way some people hold her, too. Even though they might have her all snug and secure, it doesn't look or seem that way to me. (I end up swiping her from visitors sometimes because of this, but not in a "get away from my baby" kind of way.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecinema_goddess:

Keep the girls in their jammies all day.  We have tons of cute outfits, but I just can't bring myself to change them when they look so comfy. 

I change K into cute clothes almost every day and it drives Alex batty.  He doesn't understand why I don't just keep her comfy in her jammies.

• I swore I wouldn't expose tv to E until a lot later down the road. Ummm sadly, if she is inconsolable, baby einstein or noggin calms her right down, she is smiling and super alert. I actually think the tv has aided in her development as well quite frankly... FYI: she watches maybe 20 minutes of tv total throughout the day. I don't plop her in front or the tv all day long so put you flames away!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemax1563:
    I swore I wouldn't expose tv to E until a lot later down the road. Ummm sadly, if she is inconsolable, baby einstein or noggin calms her right down, she is smiling and super alert. I actually think the tv has aided in her development as well quite frankly... FYI: she watches maybe 20 minutes of tv total throughout the day. I don't plop her in front or the tv all day long so put you flames away!

B loves noggin. I think it's the bright colors and music. This has been a lifesaver when I'm trying to make dinner on super fussy days.

• imagemax1563:
    I swore I wouldn't expose tv to E until a lot later down the road. Ummm sadly, if she is inconsolable, baby einstein or noggin calms her right down, she is smiling and super alert. I actually think the tv has aided in her development as well quite frankly... FYI: she watches maybe 20 minutes of tv total throughout the day. I don't plop her in front or the tv all day long so put you flames away!

K only likes Praise baby DVDs and the History Channel.  I think the voice over on History soothes her.

If she is super tired but fighting a nap, I'll put HC on and she is out within 15 minutes!

• I swore DS was going to sleep in his crib from day one....we finally moved him over to the crib a couple of weeks ago because he is getting too big for the top of his pack n play.  It was so much easier to just pick him up out of their to feed him and put him back. 

We had no trouble with the transition....it just sucks having to get up to go to his room to feed him (although my back feels worlds better).

• imageShana419:
    let him sleep in our bed.  but like everyone else said, he sleeps much better!
    Wow this seems to be the popular one. E has been in her own room, in her own crib since 2 weeks and that is because the few nights she did bedshare she kept me up all night with her being a wiggle-worm and all, and when she was in the room in her bassinet she made so many noises in her sleep that she kept me up all night with that as well! We decided one night to just put her in the crib and she did fine. We went right to the crib. No transition. We had to put her paci back in her mouth every so often but now she sleeps straight through and it was so worth it.
  • I too swore I would not put LO in bed with us and I really make an effort to not do this unless absolutely neccessary. She sometimes comes in bed with us after her 6:00 am feeding until about 7:00. I only do this when she is having trouble getting back to sleep however. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I swore no paci's. Psshh, that lasted all of one day in the hospital.

• I also said I would not let DD sleep with us. DS slept in bed with my ex and I for almost a year, and then again slept with me when I got divorced and moved so I feel like I had him in bed with me forever!!!
  • I swore I would never be one of those moms who lick there finger and rub it on my kids face to get something off. I have done this a couple of times without thinking. I hated that when I was a kid and don't want to do it to my kid.

Also I thought I would never have the crib in my room but DH had his hours cut back at work from 40 to 20 a week so we now have moved in with his parents until he can find a better job. Alas LO's crib is in our room with us. I actually really like it. (The crib in the room not living with his parents)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLCB34:

imagemax1563:

K only likes Praise baby DVDs and the History Channel.  I think the voice over on History soothes her.

If she is super tired but fighting a nap, I'll put HC on and she is out within 15 minutes!

I want to get some praise baby DVD's. My DH loves the history channel and military channel and she falls asleep on him as soon as he puts them on. I think it's the voice over too!
  • I must be the board freak.  I still haven't shared a bed with the girls. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagecinema_goddess:

Keep the girls in their jammies all day.  We have tons of cute outfits, but I just can't bring myself to change them when they look so comfy. 

Guilty! It is a rainy day and em is so comfy right now. I have no desire to change her into a cute outfit today. I really don't have the heart to when I know we are probably not going anywhere today and she will probably wind up spitting all over her outfit too!
  • imageMissNikki007:
    I swore I would not put K in bed with us. But she won't sleep anywhere else!! :(

This.  Not all the time, but more than I would like.   

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Have DS in my bed. He does sleep in his crib all night, but for his early morning feeding we'll lay down and I nurse in the side lying position. We'll usually sleep another hour in my bed before we get up for the day.
  • I learned early on with DD#1 that most of my "I will never"s flew right out the window.

So we didn't have any anything on the list of things we swore we would never do with this one.  I have to say it has made things a lot easier on us!  We do what makes DD#2 happy and so far things have been great. :)

• I swore I wouldn't stress over breastfeeding vs formula once I got back to work, and just switch to FF if I had any frustrations. Well, here I am, and just feel sooo guilty about the idea of quitting and feel stuck in limbo.
  • imagecinema_goddess:

I must be the board freak.  I still haven't shared a bed with the girls. 

I have not bedshared either...the only time DS is in bed with me is on a weekend or day off and we are just hanging out because I just want to lay in bed for a few more minutes.

• I swore I wouldn't FF. Oh well. Best laid plans I guess. For my sanity we switched from BF to FF at 2 weeks. I need more than 2 hours sleep in a row to function and take care of 2 babies.
  • imagecinema_goddess:

I haven't either. 

She has taken a naps in our bed but I am always awake. I am not flaming anyone here! I don't want to speak too soon, either though! haha It seems to be a last resort and heck, if it comes to that, I will be joining you ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagewearenutts:

I swore I would never be one of those moms who lick there finger and rub it on my kids face to get something off. I have done this a couple of times without thinking. I hated that when I was a kid and don't want to do it to my kid.

Also I thought I would never have the crib in my room but DH had his hours cut back at work from 40 to 20 a week so we now have moved in with his parents until he can find a better job. Alas LO's crib is in our room with us. I actually really like it. (The crib in the room not living with his parents)

THIS!  And now I do it all the time.

I also said I'd never put jeans on her while she was still an infant.  Not only is she wearing jeans today, she's wearing skinny jeans.  Oy.  She looks super cute (she's wearing them with a Lilly Pulitzer cardigan), but she just looks so grown up!

• imageLCB34:

imagemax1563:

C loves football, probably all the colors and fast motion. I hate it that he's staring at the TV too, but he is totally like his dad for this!

• Sleep in our bed.  I hate it.  I miss the snuggle time with DH.  Alas every night there he is between us......sigh
  • I planned to have her nap in her crib so she would develop good sleep habits and get comfortable with sleeping in her crib. That was before I realized how awesome it is to have my baby napping on me.  Now she hates her crib, but, it is worth it.

I also was not going to freak out about her growing up.  I never understood that when my friends with kids would be so incredibly sad about their babies getting older.  I cried on Sunday because she will be two months this week.  I am a mess!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLCB34:
    imagecinema_goddess:

I change K into cute clothes almost every day and it drives Alex batty.  He doesn't understand why I don't just keep her comfy in her jammies.

Richard does this with my precious bows LCB.. he gets R and takes it off her.. drive ME batty haha

i swore i wouldnt use a paci..DS never wanted one and i thought i would be super woman and not use one for R either..HA..if it isnt the paci in her mouth its me...i value my sanity too much to be a human pacifier 24/7
  • I do everything I said I would do and I don't do any of the things I said I wouldn't. I do the things I do and avoid the things I avoid because I researched and read and decided ahead of time what kind of parent I would be. Ive stuck with all of it, with all of my children. Sticking to your guns and not compromising your beliefs makes you feel pretty good in the end.
  • imageOctoberBabyH:
    imagecinema_goddess:

I haven't either. 

She has taken a naps in our bed but I am always awake. I am not flaming anyone here! I don't want to speak too soon, either though! haha It seems to be a last resort and heck, if it comes to that, I will be joining you ladies!

This. I dont judge anyone for doing it, but I also know that when I am lacking sleep,and finally fall asleep I will not hear of feel anything. I also sleep walk (bad). I would be the one on the news who thought " this could never happen to me"
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would definitely say bedsharing.  I even have the ArmsReach co-sleeper and that still seems so big and far away.  LO and I sleep so much better when he's in bed with us.  I hardly even wake up to nurse.  He usually latches on all by himself when he's hungry.  I don't see this arrangement ending anytime in the near future.  I love having him in bed and all snuggly.  We'll probably transition to the crib around 6 months.

• I never thought I'd let Logan nap on his tummy, but I did. Lucking he doesn't like it anymore...

I also never thought I'd have him sleep in his swing for at least the first 3 months of his life...

*sigh* the things I'll do for some sleep

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"