Illinois Babies
Options

Anyone have Dr. McNair or Dr. Auger from Prentice?

If so, did you have a a vaginal birth or c-section? Please share your experience.

I would like to have my baby at Prentice, but I heard they are a baby factory there and push c-sections. Did anyone feel like they were pushed by McNair or Auger to do a c-section?

Re: Anyone have Dr. McNair or Dr. Auger from Prentice?

• Options

I go to their group, Dr Foley delivered my daughter vaginally. I did see both Dr McNair and Dr Auger for some prenatal visits, both were very kind. When I first came to the practice I was asking questions about csections, I think they were at about 20% csections (if I remember correctly). But between all of my visits (asking questions) and during my delivery I did not feel like they were trying to rush it and move on to a csection at any point.

I like the group, thought they did a wonderful job and will most likely use them again in the future even if we move out to the burbs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That is the group that I go to.  I used to work at Prentice, so I had the advantage of having worked personally with all of the MD's (in every group) that perform deliveries there.  I chose that group because I agreed with their patient management.  The MD's in McNair and Auger's group are wonderful.  They very much advocate vaginal birth and are not quick to induce labor.  C-sections are done for legitimate reasons, not for convenience for the docs in the group.

As for Prentice being a "baby factory," anyplace that performs 13,000+ deliveries a year could be considered a factory.  Yes, most labors are augmented with pitocin, but that is not an unusual practice.  Believe me, no one wants to be up in the middle of the night doing a c-section unless it is absolutely medically necessary (and I speak from experience!).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had vag deliv with Auger and she was fantastic! I highly recommend her. And McNair was also wonderful during visits. In fact, there was really only one doc in that practice that I didnt particularly care for (and it's a big practice). You're in good hands, not in a factory. Also, I had ep with NO pitocin. That ep was ah-mazing! Seriously, the whole experience was better than I ever couldve expected! On the table I said there would def be a baby #2 and I hope its through their practice again.
  • Options
    I've visited with both doctors and was with Dr. Foley delivery. I didn't have an issue with c-sections even coming up. When I posed the question of when it would be a suggestion and it was standard that only if mom or baby were in serious danger.
  • Options
    My OB was Dr. Star (who I loved!) but McNair actually delivered DD and she was amazing!!! I had a completely natural (no pit or epi) delivery and she was very supportive. She had a great sense of humor and even made me laugh during an episode of pushing! Haha!

I loved Prentice and had no problems! They wanted to start pit but I just told them no and kept walking the halls until my contractions started back up! No biggie! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dr. McNair delivered my son and I thought she was great.  I had a vaginal delivery, epi but no pitocin.  She was a little concerned about his heart rate, so she prepped forceps but never used them.
    DS 08/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic loss at 5 wks 10/07 loss 7/10 at 11 wks another loss 4/11 14 wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"