Postpartum Depression

is this PPD and med question?

I guess if I have to ask if it is that is probably telling in and of itself.  I was borderline on the depression survey at 6 weeks.  They asked me if I wanted meds and I thought I could get through it.  I had the baby blues initially and felt very disconnected and sad.  I got through that and am feeling more like myself, but I have been extremely moody.  I am sooo mean and terrible to my husband and I have been pretty anxious about things lately.  I am sure this will only get worse with returning to work, so I'm starting to wonder if I should give the meds a shot.  They said they normally prescribe zoloft.  I have taken this in the past for anxiety and it gave me some stomach issues.  Do they prescribe any other meds for PPD?  I had great luck with effexor before.  And seriously how are these meds if you are EBFing - that is one of my big concerns.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: is this PPD and med question?

• sounds like PPD to me.. and if you were boarderline, to be honest you prob are depressed..

Go speak to your dr, there are other meds you can try. hope you feel better soon.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"