1st Trimester

What smell is driving you crazy?

Me: chicken. I bought a rotisserie at Costco and it sounded so good and smelled up the car and I was NOT feeling it. I can eat it, but the smell... Yeesh. Now I am making chicken stock from the carcass, and it is totally grossing me out. When it's finished, I love to have stock for easy soups, but yergh. Must go outside until it's finished. 
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />

Re: What smell is driving you crazy?

• Cigarette smoke. Coffee. Eggs (oh, dear gawd, eggs). Onions. Someone brought in an everything bagel today and I had to step outside for 15 minutes.

You are pretty tough. Just the word "carcass" made me throw up a little in my mouth...

• Cigarette smoke drives me nuts.  It seems like everytime I'm walking outside I'm constantly crossing paths with some idiot who has to smoke.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Well, it's not a smell, but anyway...the McDonald's McRib commercials! AUG! I want to puke every time I see that sandwich.
  • Anything burnt, bad breath, pasta sauce, oh and dirty diapers lol
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Chicken and coffee.  Yuck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For me it's more like what smell isn't driving me crazy!  I have been so nauseous, I can't take any smells out of the ordinary without running to the bathroom or dry heaving.  YUCK!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Coffee (which I usually LOVE) is making my stomach turn, as are onions (smell, sight, taste, etc).  So gross Ick!
  • For some reason once I became pregnant everything smells like B-O .....Needless to say it is not very pleasant.Indifferent

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Exhaust. I go to school in downtown Detroit and I can't help but run to a trash can to get sick.(althought the city is so dirty I could probably just do it on the road, but yuck) Plus, Detroit just has this sour smell to it altogether...it's horrible.Ick!
    BFP #1 05/25/2009, Blighted Ovum 07/10/2009, D&C 07/13/2009
    BFP #2 10/17/2010, Blighted Ovum 11/16/2010, natural miscarriage 12/03/2010.
    Dx with MTHFR 01/2011 with 2 A1298C mutations.
    BFP #3 03/06/2011 Chem. M/C 03/16/11
    BFP #4 01/05/2012, Please come out and meet us in September!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love my husband very very much. BUT after he gets home from work ...

his breath smells from all the coffee he drank that day

and

he is a mechanic so the smell of the oil and whatever else is nauseating.

yuck... I have started to send him straight to the br to freshen up :-)

• Any strong food cooking smells (DH made burgers and fried french fries last night) and the kitty litter! Yuck!!! I have a strong stomach but any hint of the kitty litter (even though it is just cleaned) makes me hold my breath and get away! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers pregnancy calendar
  • We went out for chinese the other night....food was good but the smell of leftovers in the car made me want to vomit.

Also, my friend has a smoker and makes the best ribs, chicken, brisket, you name it.  I cant stand the smell of the meat, nor can I force myself to eat it which stinks because I used to love it!

• Ditto with the coffee and onions. Both of them make me want to barf!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dog food. Bleh. We use a mix of dry and wet. The dry is bad enough, but the minute I take the lid off of the wet food I run from the room wretching. Can't do it.
    ✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Stinky flowery old lady perfume when I'm shopping!  It's totally bad when you're not PG but so much worse because smells are magnified!!!  Oh and my dogs treats are really stinky now!
    sig-1
  • So many things make me feel sick! Although it doesn't always have to be the smell; sometimes just the thought of this makes me gag.

I was surprised to see some of the same things as some of you...

Here's the top offenders:

1. Garlic cheesy bread cooked by the Home Ec teacher next door. PUKE.

2. Chicken.

3. My dog's wet food

4. THE MCRIB COMMERCIAL (I'm so glad that someone brought this up. I have to run out of the room).

5. Broccoli

6. Wet salad

7. Any white fish

8.  Tomato sauce

And probably other things I can't think of right now. I hate that I just wrote this post, by the way. I'm going to go dry heave.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Coffee... I was in a taxi yesterday and the driver was drinking it and it was so nauseating, I almost had to get out!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Everything for me. Except pastries, baked sweets!
  • Pretty much everything. Eggs definitely. MH made an omelette yesterday and it took everything I had not to remain in the bathroom the rest of the day. Then, last night, he made a mac & cheese that he's been dying to make, and it has ham in it. Yeah, I was in the bathroom pretty quickly last night, and then this morning when I woke up and knew I could still smell it. The poor guy LOVES to cook, it's his favorite thing, and it's killing me. =(

AND...smokers who smell like an ashtray. I mean, if you want to smoke, that's your choice, but for the love of god could you at least TRY to not smell like you've been ripping butts for hours on end in the local Elks lodge? I had to leave Marshall's yesterday because a couple that was in there shopping had practically polluted the entire store with stale cigarette smoke. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have any m/s, but do seem to have super sonic smell these days.  The smell that is driving me nuts is the wool rug in our living room.  I'm about give the dang thing away, I can't take it!  It almost gives me a headache.  Never bothered me before...
  • This might sound kind of mean, but some of the kids at work just seem to stink to me. Especially cigarette smells and garlic.
  • When I run the dishwasher.  I have to run it now while I'm sleeping because the smell of the steam and detergent make me SICK.
  • imagehales.21:
    When I run the dishwasher.  I have to run it now while I'm sleeping because the smell of the steam and detergent make me SICK.

Me too! DH thinks I'm insane.

Some other smells I can't stand right now:

- DH's deodorant

- the rug in our basement (I literally haven't been down there in a month)

- our bathroom. Even freshly cleaned, the smell makes me gag.

- cat food, wet and dry

- cat litter

- coffee grounds. Brewed coffee doesn't bother me.

- cigarette

- that McRib commercial makes me want to vom, too.

• my whole fridge.

i don't even want to open it... grosses me out.  and it's not like there's rotting food in there either.  just left overs.  so good first time around, not so good in the fridge.

• The smell of cooking any kind of red meat ..ughh Ick!
  • My son's diapers. I gag if I get even the slightest whiff!

Cooked broccoli, cigarette smoke, and raw meat also get to me. 

• Weed, FI and I live with 3 other guys, 2 of whom are total stoners, between that and the deep fryer..... blech. The only time I can go upstairs without getting (more) nauseous is when they aren't home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"