Detroit Babies
Options

Flying with 3 month old.

We're going to be flying to Texas with our little guy the first weekend in December.... I've been reading up on some stuff... but was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips.  Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Flying with 3 month old.

• Options

We flew with DS last month, he was 4 months old.

I would recommend feeding him during take off and landing to help his ears. We got a rolling car seat bag to do gate check. It was super helpful that it had wheels for carrying it through the airport, and I felt better knowing that the car seat wasn't going to be all dirty from being in the belly of the plane. 

I'm not sure how long the flight to Texas is, but limit the number of diaper changes you'll have to do in the air. We learned that the hard way flying out. I changed him right when we boarded on the way back to cut down on it. I know it's not exactly something you can control, but it's not easy to do in flight. 

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ive been on many flights w my now 5 yr old son.. some good ones when he was a baby to some not so good ones .LOL there were times when he made not one peep and times when he cried for 20 min straight. I've had my share of evil looks and Yes I give them back.. LOL or i just put a smile on my face=).. I have even apologized to everyone when DS continued to scream for 20 minutes and said " sorry everyone but we have done everything we could.. his diaper is changed, he had his paci, bottle blanket, etc.. it must be his ears"  dear husband looked at me and said i shouldn't need to apologize and i replied loudly.. " well if you don't have kids than you don't understand".. the nice lady next to me said "dont worry .. i have been there myself and raised five children and you are doing a great job"    that made me feel good. But yes I was once that naive girl that was like "oh my lord" if I heard a baby wailing on the plane in front of me.. but it turned right back around and bit me in the butt.. LOL for real!

also plan extra time for security check and such.. and we carried our son when he was a baby all the way through the airport but the best thing is to use your travel system... We have put our carseat at check in and the thing always was messed up and dirty when we got it back at luggage claim.. and its great when you get off the plane and can collect your stroller/ carseat at the gate and then just put little one in and go

all in all good luck and dont worry about a crying baby on the plane because most of us have already been there and we can relate=)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I'm hoping he's as good as he usually is ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    One thing that I found helpful was to attach a strap of some sort to the pacifier or toy.  If and when he drops it, you won't have to try to find it under those small seats.  I know I was glad we did it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"