VBAC
Options

No more VBAC for me... :(

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised! I knew once I got the GD diagnosis I was probably done for!

Baby is measuring 6lb 7oz already- right on track with his brother!! DS1 was 9lb 11oz and was 8 days early! They had scheduled a c/s for me because of his size. My Dr had said it's not the 9+ lb that's the prob, but the shoulders of GD babies can get really big, making vag delivery bad for mom & babe! 

With DS I did actually go into labor before my scheduled date, and dilated to 4+cm by the time they did my section. They told me after that there was no way in hell! he would've fit! Never moved down at all, and his head was ginormous! 

Anyways- my stay here was short- best of luck to you all!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: No more VBAC for me... :(

• Options
    I am sorry. I wish you a safe and healthy recovery and of course a healthy and happy baby. though please do update us :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If you're bummed, then I  am bummed right along with you. 

Let us know how your birth goes. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry. But don't feel like you have to leave. This board may still be helpful with preparing for your c/s and dealing with recovery...emotionally and physically.

I hope you have a positive c/s experience. Have you thought of a birth plan or are there any special things you'd like to be able to do/have with your c/s? I know for me, being able to have some requests filled would make a big difference to me if I have a repeat.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemargeincharge2:

I'm sorry. But don't feel like you have to leave. This board may still be helpful with preparing for your c/s and dealing with recovery...emotionally and physically.

I hope you have a positive c/s experience. Have you thought of a birth plan or are there any special things you'd like to be able to do/have with your c/s? I know for me, being able to have some requests filled would make a big difference to me if I have a repeat.

Actually, I'm pretty okay with it! I mean, a VBAC would've been great but I'm not beside myself or anything. I figured it'd be an easier recovery with a toddler in the house, mainly!! 

I had a pretty positive c/s experience last time- not emergency, so I had time to prepare. And my hospital is very pro-BF and I was able to do so ASAP! I just was so effing nervous and felt like passing out during the c/s!!

I just hope the pain is less this time around- ugh. I couldn't go up stairs or hardly get off the couch for a week. Thankfully DH will be home and his parents said they can stay if we need them too! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Sorry. I hope your C/S goes smoothly. I am glad that you have family to help out.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, but I hope you have a wonderful delivery.  Good luck and I'm sure many of us would love to hear how everything goes.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad that you are ok with the plan for your LO's birth, and I wish you an easy and peaceful birth and recovery.

But you'll have to excuse the birth instructor in me who has to say (not necessarily for you, but for other moms reading this) that well-controlled GD, "big babies" and unproven CPD are not reasons to do a CS (among a much longer list).

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    I'm glad you're at peace with the decision.  I hope you have a beautiful birth, and I hope the recovery is easier for you this time around - it sounds like you have great support for pp!!  :)  Let us know how everything goes!  Best of luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad you are good with the choice.  Hopefully this time you won't be so nervous since you have done it once before!  I'm glad you have some good support and I hope you have a wonderful birth!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"