TTC After a Loss

Progesterone and TTCAL

It has been 7 weeks since my D&C, and Ive had bleeding on and off, and what seemed like two cycles of AF. The dr did and ultrasound on thurs to see if there was tissue lefted. The ultrasound tech said it looked all clear to her. So my dr is supposed to call today with the results, and if it is clear then start me on progesterone. Now AF is over and im wanting to start ttc, but will prob need to wait another cycle. So my question is does anyone have nay experience with being on progesterone, and can you ttc while on it? If not how long do you need to wait?

Re: Progesterone and TTCAL

• While TTC and taking progesterone you have to make sure to take it after ovulation has occured or in the luteal phase.  I think I ovulated Friday or this weekend but I am not certain so I haven't taken it yet.  I am waiting on my blood progesterone levels to come back. 

You take the progesterone through the luteal phase until you get AF or if you get a BFP you will continue to take it throught your first trimester more than likely.

Can you have your Dr draw some bloodwork soon and then re-check after you think you have O'd?  GL!

Alina Riley 2/22/09- My Baby Bunny :) M/C at 5 weeks 6/30/10 Missed M/C at 10w1d, 10/18/10, D&C 10/19/10 12/25/10 +BFP, Stick baby, Stick! 1/31/11 diagnosed compound heterozygous for MTHFR 2/5/11 subchorianic hematoma found put on one weeks bed rest 3/13/11 ITS A BOY! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is your doctor starting you on progesterone to bring on a (hopefully normal?) AF? If so, once you have taken all of the progesterone pills AF will arrive within 2-10 days (approx) and then you can TTC like normal. Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRyan&Kristin062009:
    Is your doctor starting you on progesterone to bring on a (hopefully normal?) AF? If so, once you have taken all of the progesterone pills AF will arrive within 2-10 days (approx) and then you can TTC like normal. Best of luck!

This too, I must have read your question the wrong way! 

Alina Riley 2/22/09- My Baby Bunny :) M/C at 5 weeks 6/30/10 Missed M/C at 10w1d, 10/18/10, D&C 10/19/10 12/25/10 +BFP, Stick baby, Stick! 1/31/11 diagnosed compound heterozygous for MTHFR 2/5/11 subchorianic hematoma found put on one weeks bed rest 3/13/11 ITS A BOY! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes, my Dr is putting me on it to hopefully start a normal AF.  Thank you for the information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"