Military Families
Options

XP-Ft. Story

Hi Ladies,We are being relocated to Ft. Story this summer and I was looking for any advice/recommendations for neighborhoods, pediatricians, preschools, etc.I have a 3.5 yr old and 6 month old daughter. My husband is a Marine so this is pretty far outside our familiar Marine Corps bases.Thanks in Advance! 

Re: XP-Ft. Story

• Options

Virginia Beach is pretty nice and Ft. Story is located in a really good area.  You shouldn't have a problem finding a great place to live.  It's not shady like Norfolk, where you can only live in 4 neighborhoods.  You might want to avoid living somewhere, where your DH would need to take 264 to work.  It's either a race track full of idiots or a giant parking lot. 

We're on prime, so DD sees Dr. Marchelewski at Boone Clinic on JEB Little Creek.  He's wonderful and I can't say enough nice things about him.

We have an annual pass to the aquarium and DD enjoys that.  The Botanical Gardens in Norfolk is great in the summer, as they have fountains for the kids to splash around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

Thank you. We own our current home and will probably only be there for 2 years (which we thought when we moved here and now it's been 7) so renting is what we hope to do, but we have 2 dogs so I know this is going to be difficult.

We are on Prime as well but we see all civilians here. I know there is no dependent care on Ft. Story so thank you for your review. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck with the house hunt.  It shouldn't be too hard to find a place that will accept dogs.  We're renting with two 55lb mutts.  A lot of our military friends that are renting have pets too.  We put down a $500 deposit, that's fully refundable (FL was a nightmare renting with dogs... non-refundable deposits and pet rent). 

First Landing State Park (it's pretty close to Ft. Story) is a great place to take dogs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"