Maryland Babies

Annapolis Ob/Gyn Associates and Chesapeake Women's Care

Does anyone have any experience with Annapolis Ob/Gyn Associates or Chesapeake Women's Care?  What are your views and any input on any particular doctors.  Thanks!

Re: Annapolis Ob/Gyn Associates and Chesapeake Women's Care

• I hear a lot of very positive things about Chesapeake Womens Care. I use Women OBGYN, a practive of 5 women doctors located there at the hospital and have been so happy with them (I am on my 3rd child with them). Just throwing it out there in case you are still shopping for a practice.
  • Chesapeake is my practice.  I have had a good experience with all of the doctors. (Both male and female at this practice)  You see different doctors at your prenatal appointments.  I wasnt too keen on this approach, but now that Ive experienced it, its not too bad. Dr Luecke admitted me when my water broke, and Dr Wells performed my c section. They were both great, and I felt confident that I was receiving great care for myself and my son.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you!  This is my first pregnancy so this may seem like a dumb question, but did you have to wait until you were 14 weeks to even SEE the heartbeat?  Annapolis Ob/Gyn does a sonogram and ultrasound the first appt (8-10 weeks)., however I was told Chesapeake doesnt do an ultrasound until 14 weeks and a sonogram at 20.  Their first appt. you just meet with a nurse and do paperwork, pap smear and blood work.  Is that correct? 
  • imageALP:
    I hear a lot of very positive things about Chesapeake Womens Care. I use Women OBGYN, a practive of 5 women doctors located there at the hospital and have been so happy with them (I am on my 3rd child with them). Just throwing it out there in case you are still shopping for a practice.

Thank you.  I will look into that.  Are they located at Anne Arundel Medical Center?

• imageALP:
    I hear a lot of very positive things about Chesapeake Womens Care. I use Women OBGYN, a practive of 5 women doctors located there at the hospital and have been so happy with them (I am on my 3rd child with them). Just throwing it out there in case you are still shopping for a practice.

Just looked into Women Ob/Gyn, unfortunately they don't take my health insurance.  Thank you for recommending it though.

• I have also heard many great things about Chesapeake Women's Care.

I'll throw out that I go to Annapolis OB/GYN and haven't had a problem with them. I am not pregnant, but I have had a lot of complications that led up to surgery in July and many, many more appointments after that. I normally see Dr. Argeles and he is very warm and really put my mind at ease when it seemed that everything was going wrong. I've also seen Dr. Guckes and Dr. Repka and liked both of them as well.

• imageTeamRey:
    Thank you!  This is my first pregnancy so this may seem like a dumb question, but did you have to wait until you were 14 weeks to even SEE the heartbeat?  Annapolis Ob/Gyn does a sonogram and ultrasound the first appt (8-10 weeks)., however I was told Chesapeake doesnt do an ultrasound until 14 weeks and a sonogram at 20.  Their first appt. you just meet with a nurse and do paperwork, pap smear and blood work.  Is that correct? 

Not a dumb question at all!  From what I recall, the first appointment was well into my first trimester. (I know how you feel, I was antsy too!)  My first ultrasound was at about 12 weeks when I had my NT scan, and the second at 19 for my Level 2 ultrasound. ( in depth to ensure that all everything is on track, also where you can find out the gender if you wish) You are correct about the first appointment, it is with a nurse and covers the basics you mentioned. Let me know if you have any more questions!  : )

• I use Chesapeake Women's Care...and have had a wonderful experience with them. Just had my baby almost 2 weeks ago...and Dr. Luecke did my emergency c-section. I can't say enough positive things about the practice. Everyone is always so warm and friendly. I mostly went to the Waugh Chapel office vs. the Annapolis office, just b/c it was closer to my home...but both offices are great.

Good luck to you!! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!?

• I go to Chesapeake and have nothing but great things to say about them. When I was first pg with my son, I had some spotting and they brought me in for an ultrasound right away. I think i had more ultrasounds than most b/c of high bp issues. I had an emergency c-section at 37 weeks. Dr Luecke did it, she was great. All the dr's in the practice are wonderful. And the nurses in the hospital are just fantastic. I'm now pg with my 2nd and have my first appt with them next Monday!
  • I delivered with Annapolis OB/GYN a little over a year ago.  There are 8 OBs- and you see all of them over the course of your prenatal care, because you don't know who will be on call when you deliver.

I had to be induced and my only complaint was that they made me schedule my induction for 3 days earlier than the last day the practice would let me go to- if that makes sense?  I was induced @ 41 weeks and 4 days and they had told me a few weeks before I could go to 42 weeks if everything was OK (and it was.)  I really wanted to avoid being induced due to the high risk of c-section once you are induced.  My big fear was having to have a c-section, I didn't have one and Dr. Gueckes was great in the delivery room through my long labor & delivery.  I had several prenatal appts with him and he was aware of how anti-CS I was.  I know that many doctors would have suggested a C/S at a couple different points in my labor, but Dr. Gueckes and the nurse we had let me ride it out.

Some 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What ever you do... Stay away from Women OBGYN of Annapolis. My experiences with them have been the worst I have ever had. They are group of 5 women who are impersonable as well being completly insensitive. NO BED SIDE MANNERS  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"