1st Trimester

success stories w/ hypothyroid

Hey ladies!  First of all, congratulations on your pregnancies! 

I am fairly new to the TTGP board, but I believe my question belongs here.   I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 2 years ago and I'm on meds to keep it under control.  I'm just looking for some success stories from women who have gotten their BFPs with an under-active thyroid.  Did it take you a long time?  Did you have any treatments, problems, late or early ovulation..?   I'm just curious what kinds of situations others have dealt with.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: success stories w/ hypothyroid

• I have hypothyroidism.  It's very manageable during pregnancy--you just have to get your levels checked every few weeks.  This is my second pregnancy (I had a loss earlier this year) and got pregnant within the first month of trying both times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just got my BFP after trying for five months. I was diagnosed after my son was born and suspected it would take a while to get pregrant. I am very excited though that I am and it really didnt take too long. I tried to eat well, excercise consistently and take my medication. Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I have Hasimoto's which made me hypothyroid.  I went off bc in Sept and got my BFP early Nov.  (so my 2nd cycle).  It hasn't been a problem at all so far.  Good luck!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I have hypothyroidism and did not have any issues TTC. I got pregnant on the 5th month of trying after being on BCP for about 10 years. To my understanding, there should be no issues conceiving with hypothyroidism as long as you take your medication and your blood work is within normal limits. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • i was diagnosed in 2007 with hashimoto's (my body is slowly attacking my thyroid) and was pregnant after one cycle with DS in 2008.  this time it took four cycles.  try not to worry- if anything it's just annoying having to go to one more dr.  :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really appreciate your responses!  I figured it would be fine, just wanted to hear some proof Big Smile
  • :::Lurking from 2nd tri:::

Same story here.  I've had hypothyroidism since I was like 10.  My levels got all wonky again right after I got off the pill (and I suspect that was why my first cycle was nearly 90 days long, although I did ovulate at the end), so I'd recommend getting your TSH tested again if you've recently gotten off the pill.

All that being said, after my crazy 90 day cycle, I got pregnant during our second cycle trying.  As long as your levels are good, you should be fine.

Now, I get tested monthly.  I haven't had to adjust my meds yet, but I may have to at some point during the pregnancy.

Good luck! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • imageSushiNoMore:

:::Lurking from 2nd tri:::

Same story here.  I've had hypothyroidism since I was like 10.  My levels got all wonky again right after I got off the pill (and I suspect that was why my first cycle was nearly 90 days long, although I did ovulate at the end), so I'd recommend getting your TSH tested again if you've recently gotten off the pill.

All that being said, after my crazy 90 day cycle, I got pregnant during our second cycle trying.  As long as your levels are good, you should be fine.

Now, I get tested monthly.  I haven't had to adjust my meds yet, but I may have to at some point during the pregnancy.

Good luck! 

I have been having 36-44 day cycles since getting off the pill in May.  I noticed on your BFP chart, that you ovulated on day 37, that's also helpful to me because I am on day 24 and still waiting to ovulate...I was worried that I may not be ovulating, but now I think there is hope!   I had my last TSH on Oct 26 and it was normal, after adjusting meds in Sept (see siggy) It seems to sneak out of control when I'm not looking. I have a gyn appt on the 23rd, so I am gonna ask her to monitor me more often.  Thanks for sharing your story!  Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

• I found I had Hashimoto's when my son was around 6 or 7 months....although I have long suspected that it really developed during my pregnancy, but that's another story.  I have been on Synthroid for the last year and we got pregnant on our first cycle trying (for both pregnancies).  I have to test my TSH monthly now.  I don't know if you're taking brand name or generic Synthroid, but my endocrinologist prefers his patients take brand name, if they can.  He feels it keeps thyroid levels more regular.  I only say that because you said your levels have been a little out of wack.  I would recommend seeing an endocrinologist for it, too (vs. your OB/GYN or your family doctor).  Good luck to you :)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • TTC Since OCT 10....I have Hashi's and started taking meds in Aug. Just had my levels tested again and I am not Hypo....still trying no luck...hope it happens soon
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
    Dx w/ Hashi's 8/10
  • Thank you for posting this! I am also hypothyroid and suffered a loss last year, shortly after being diagnosed. I'm hopeful that now my levels are under control we will have better luck TTC. It's nice to hear some success stories, and I'm hoping that this month I will finally get that BFP!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"