South Florida Babies
Options

South Jersey moving to South Florida- Wellington HELP!

We are currently staying in Delray, and driving around different areas to decide where to move to. I just didnt know it was going to happen so fast, and my husband is signing a lease on Monday. So I am kinda freaking out. We looked in a few different areas, and really feel for Wellington, as it seemed to be very family oriented, and new.   If you live in or around Wellington, perhaps you can ease my mind, and tell me how much I am going to love it.  We chose Villiage Walk, it is close to the Florida turnpike Southeast Corner of Wellington. I dont think the community we chose is the most family oriented but in general Wellington seems to be.  I would appreciate any help you can give me, we are moving next month. 

Thanks!  

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: South Jersey moving to South Florida- Wellington HELP!

• Options

Hey ellizen,

I'm also a South Jersey (Williamstown) transplanted in South Florida...Delray now, actually. My husband's co-worker lives in Wellington and while it's a very nice quiet town....it may be too quiet with regards to not having enough activities for older children. 

For me...I have made many wonderful mommy friends in Broward County and the drive to Ft. Lauderdale from Delray is far.....but the drive to Ft. Lauderdale from Wellington but would be too far for me.

We really love Delray Beach/Boca. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You will be fine in Wellington; it is a beautiful area; the mall has a great and very clean area for kids to play in.  Once you meet other parents with little kids in the area, you will do just fine!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in Coral Springs and it was rated the best place in the state to live. I really like it. 

https://coralsprings.org/fullstory.cfm?articleid=16016

• Options

Im in Wellington.. It is extremely family oriented.  There are tons of things that the community puts on for kids of all ages.  Plus everything you need is within a 3 mile radius. :)

If you have any questions please let me know.

Liz

• Options

Thank you everyone, we are excited, just happened so fast. We are moving Dec 1st.  We do love what we have seen so far in Wellington. It was also in money magazine with Coral Springs, and that is why we looked at Wellington.  I hope to meet moms, I had just met some great moms in NJ that I was really close with who all had babies the same age as me.  It will be exciting and different, and hopefully we made the right decision. 

Liz- I cant add you as a friend or PM you. But maybe you can send me an email to Designerellen810@gmail.com since I dont check the  PM on the bump often.

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm in Wellington! We moved here 2 years ago from MI.

There are so many nice parks. As a previous poster said - the mall is clean & a great area to meet people. The community constantly has on going activities for families.

We absolutely LOVE it here!

Good luck with the move.

• Options

I live just east of Wellington.  It really is a great area for families.  All the schools are A rated.  And pretty much all the neighbor hoods are good.  I really like Village Walk.  I love the little town hall and gas station!  Good luck with you move!

• Options

I used to live in the Wellington area (in Woods Walk, just east of 441) and I loved it! Village Walk is a good area. It is definitely a good family-friendly area and we had so many wonderful friends down there. Good luck!
    (I'm originally from North Jersey ;-)

• Options
    Wellington is a nice area, I went to HS there. Granted that was 12 years ago I know it's still nice out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We moved to Wellington from Delray 3 years ago when we decided to start a family. We couldn't love it more. Yes, its quiet but there are plenty of family oriented things to do, a great mall, whole foods -- all in a close distance. PLus the public schools cant be beat when compared to other Palm Beach county areas!!
  • Options
    Hi!  I live in West Palm (from Philly).  Been here since May and liking it.  We go to Gymboree class at PGA and 95 and I've met so many wonderful people there.  I started classes my first week in FL when James was 5 months old and I'm so glad I did.  It would probably be about 25 minutes from Wellington but people from as far as Boca go there.  Hope that helps :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"