Potty Training
Options

poop issues and out of the house

My DD is 2.5yo and we just started potty training on Wed.  She is definitely ready and hasn't had a single pee accident in 48hrs!  But we have 2 challenges now.

1)  She won't poop on the potty.  I think it's a standing vs sitting issue.  Any suggestions?

2)  DH took her to church tonight and she wouldn't go on the toilet there.  She asked to come instead and was able to make it home (~15min!)  She did try, but she's pretty tiny.  Do I get one of those travel seats for now?

Re: poop issues and out of the house

• Options

Pooping was difficult for my dd.  She still doesn't like it. My only suggestion is fiber filled foods so she HAS to go! That has been what has worked for us... and now she is much more used to it. 

Can't help with question 2. GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. We have the same problem.  He has had multiple floor accidents and one in this pants.  He's only had one completely successful potty poop.  The only thing that has worked for us is putting him on the potty around the time he has to go and letting him sit there. We either let him watch tv and read him a book to let him relax.  

2.  A travel potty seat cover has helped us a lot.  He has gotten a lot better after a couple of weeks of no diapers but the seat cover makes me him much more secure.

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelauren&matt:

Pooping was difficult for my dd.  She still doesn't like it. My only suggestion is fiber filled foods so she HAS to go! That has been what has worked for us... and now she is much more used to it. 

She goes 2-3x/day as it is.

• Options
    Wow, 2-3 times a day! That is a lot of poop! I think you should just give her some time. Although, we started pt-ing DD a week ago, she has had no pee accidents, but she has only pooped in the potty one ( she usually always poops when she wakes up from nap so she's been doing it in her nap diaper). I tried to get her to poop on the potty the last few days but she just cries about it. I think lots of kids are trained for one or the other before they can do both.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"