Philadelphia Babies

Prenatal Yoga

My OB highly recommends doing prenatal yoga....  I'm not exactly what you would call the yoga type, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Can anyone recommend a good place in Center City/South Philly?

Thanks!!!

Re: Prenatal Yoga

• I did a class through abington hospital, but I heard yoga child offers prenatal
  • Thanks for replying...  Yeah I did see that one but it was a little to expensive for me.  I think I'm sticking with my regular gym membership.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you mind me asking who is your OB and where does he practice?  That is such a wonderful suggestion, and I don't hear that from clients with OB's very often. 

My friend teaches at Yoga Child, it is awesome. But if your gym offers a basic yoga class, you should be fine there, too. Good luck, I'm not a yogi type either, but I found that prenatally and post partum I did actually enjoy it and it made me happy everytime I went.  And now as a doula, I am also a fan of lending out the Prenatal yoga video with Shiva Rea by Gaiam. It is GREAT, the more you do it, the easier it becomes and the more benefits you'll see.  But an affordable option...

Best.

Lori ~ mom to 2 boys, wife, doula, and childbirth educator - www.delcodoula.com
  • i was a regular yoga class gal at the gym, but i really did like prenatal. although you'll be fine with some modifications at the regular class, prenatal was nice because she focused on stretching, and we got to talk about aches and pains at the beginning of the class, and she did moves to focus on them. Plus gave us some helpful tips about labor and regaining your figure back after all is said and done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"