Philadelphia Babies

Italian Momma Missing her Cheeses?!

I just found out that I'm pregnant and as I was making dinner tonight I started looking at all the ingerdients differently... especially my cheese!  I LOVE my cheeses... are they okay to eat as long as they're pasturized?
image TTA/TTCAL buddies with the great Fab Five (soon to be FFF): Fallon621, Theresa85, lavril, & lauren.cus! purple flower: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Italian Momma Missing her Cheeses?!

• I feel like most of the "soft" cheeses that are no no's are French.  But I could be wrong.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, you're fine.  P.S.  Fresh mozzarella is ok too, I checked it out, (my fave)!!!
  • I am a cheese addict as well and specifically asked my OB about this.  She said most cheeses these days (including brie) are pasteurized and are ok.  I bought brie this week and it said "pasteurized milk" in the ingredients.   Just read the ingredient list and you should be fine!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on finding out that you are pregnant!

I am with you on the cheese thing. I absolutely LOVE all kinds of soft cheeses, and cannot imagine going on without them. :)

From everything I have read, as long as the cheese is pasteurized you are fine. I will be 19 weeks on Wednesday and have been eating pasteurized soft cheeses while pregnant.

I know you probably don't want to seem high maintenance, but I have asked at a few different restaurants/places we order from to make sure that the cheese is pasteurized. As long as you explain that you are pregnant, not meaning to be a pain in the a**, and that it can lead to birth defects...people seem to be quite understanding!! :)

HTH and congratulations again!!

~ Cait

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"