VBAC
Options

Introduction

Hi ladies.  I noticed when this board popped up a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to introduce myself until now.  My DS is 5 months old and was born via c-section after my natural childbirth plans failed.  (He was sunny side up and despite pushing for three hours, he never descended into the birth canal).  I've had a very difficult time coping with everything and still get upset from time to time.

I've been determined to VBAC for #2 since the doctor started stitching me up.  The doctor who delivered my son said that he would strongly recommend a scheduled section if I were his patient (he seems to think that my body wasn't designed to deliver babies vaginally since DS was an average sized baby), but luckily my OB (who obviously knows my anatomy better) said that she would support my decision to VBAC and thinks that I will be successful in doing so.

DH and I don't plan on TTC #2 until next summer, so I'll probably just lurk until I'm pregnant again, but I look forward to reading about all of your experiences.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Welcome!  Besides checking this board, I also joined my local ICAN chapter and lurked on their boards for awhile before attending my first meeting last month. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!  I still have some emotional moments over my c/s - and definitely was when DS was only 5 months!  Glad to hear your OB is supportive of a VBAC!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who still feels disappointed in how my delivery went.  All of my friends who had unplanned c-sections swear by them and said they won't do it any other way.  I just can't share their enthusiasm.

I am very thankful that my OB will support my decision to VBAC.  We've talked about it a little (at the hospital right after DS was born and at both of my pp appts.)  I plan to talk to her about it more in depth at my next annual (July) before DH and I actively start TTC.  She's told me that she knows I'll do my research and make an educated decision, but at the same time respect her opinion/decision.  That's where I'm hoping this board will come into play.

I've also read where many of you requested your medical records, which is something I may do too, just to see if there were factors other than DS's positioning that led to the c-section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hey, welcome! My first son was med-free labor and 4+ hours of pushing, followed by a c-section. He was posterior, also. My DS2 was 2+ pounds bigger, but was anterior and was a sucessful VBAC, so positioning was definitely a factor with my births!

www.spinningbabies.com is a good site about baby positioning (and this is another good link with more info about OP: www.childbirthoptions.net/.../HO_OP_Fetus_how_little_we_know__long9-06.pdf

I also went to a chiropractor for most of my pg with DS2, which has been known to help with babies' positioning in the womb.

My MW with this pg always said that I "got credit" for how far I got with DS1, and that she knew women who were even able to have sucessful VBACs with a second posterior baby, so you never know. Good luck!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"