VBAC

Found some positive info regarding local hospital & VBAC

If I want to have a hospital VBAC in the future I will likely end up switching OB's and hospitals. One of the hospitals in our area has an Obstretics department that is run by a pro-VBAC director who also facilitates a VBAC preparation class. I was searching the interwebs in hopes of finding out if they perform waterbirths and instead came an across an article from 2009 about a sucessful VBAC at this hospital. The woman was 9 days past her due date and labored for 30 hours and had what my OB would have considered a "big baby". The article did not state who the delivering OB was but it is nice to see that the hospital is backing up their claim to be VBAC friendly, at least in this case.

https://inthenews.beststartbirthcenter.org/2009_05_01_archive.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Found some positive info regarding local hospital & VBAC

• hmmm then I found this statement from the director and it is a little contradictory and is a bummer. The italicized portion is what doesn't sit well with me.

"The hospital encourages the use of a Jacuzzi, but not water births, he said.

"We have education classes for the basics, for high-risk pregnancies, VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section), post-partum and daddy boot camp. We also have birthing beds, rocking chairs and music. Our policy is that if the request is safe and a comfort to the mom, we will provide it."

Hospital VBAC or not I feel like I have a lot more information at my disposal regarding options.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"