Orange County Babies

Anyone Deliver At Kaiser. I Have a ?

I am delivering at Kaiser Sand Canyon and trying to figure out what I need to pack for the baby and what they will have there for her already. Can anyone tell me what they have for the baby at the hospital and what are you allowed to take home with you?

Re: Anyone Deliver At Kaiser. I Have a ?

• I was supposed to deliver at Sand Canyon, but I ended up delivering at Kaiser Anaheim.  At the hospital they had plain white long-sleeved onesies, newborn sized diapers (but not preemie, which we needed because DD was 5 lb), ready-to-serve formula, a bathtub, breast pump parts for the Medela Symphony/Lactina, hats, blankets, a nose bulb thing, etc. They did not have regular wipes and the nurses advised against using regular wipes for girls for a while.  They had the wipes that you need to wet with water.
  • Can I ask some questions about KP?  I'm not pregnant (lucky me, I'm fertility patient), but I have KP.  I actually met with an OBGYN over there yesterday (Dr. Kang) and loved her!  But from everything I've heard, you have very little chance of your actual OB delivering you.  I didn't get a chance to ask her (since I"m not PG it wasn't on my mind) if she sees you most of the time or a midwife.  Also, if you have been with an OB instead of a midwife, will you get an OB at delivery.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on delivery at KP Irvine.  We have a POS plan so I can go almost anywhere (I just pay more), but am intrigued with KP Irvine.

Thanks!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageKaliChick:

Can I ask some questions about KP?  I'm not pregnant (lucky me, I'm fertility patient), but I have KP.  I actually met with an OBGYN over there yesterday (Dr. Kang) and loved her!  But from everything I've heard, you have very little chance of your actual OB delivering you.  I didn't get a chance to ask her (since I"m not PG it wasn't on my mind) if she sees you most of the time or a midwife.  Also, if you have been with an OB instead of a midwife, will you get an OB at delivery.

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on delivery at KP Irvine.  We have a POS plan so I can go almost anywhere (I just pay more), but am intrigued with KP Irvine.

Thanks!

I haven't delivered yet however I am really happy with my care so far and I really like the hospital. The downfall to Kaiser is the fact that you don't really have any idea who will deliver your baby. There is doctors and midwives on rotation at the hospital so you may or may not get the OB you have been going to depending if he or she is working that day or even on rotation at that hospital. 

• I delivered with Kaiser Lakeview almost 4 years ago. I saw a Resident Dr rather than a midwife. Residents are supposed to deliver you as part of their training (see you through your pg then deliver). As far as seeing an OB it's my understanding that OBs are only seen regularly on high risk patients or other complicated pregnancies but I am not sure if they actually deliver you. You'd have to ask the OB that for certain. If it's a typical healthy pg then you will see a midwife and be delivered by the midwives working at the hospital that day unless you request a resident. I loved the resident I had I wish she were still with Kaiser as I am pg again and I would highly recommend seeing one especially if you want to be delivered by the person you see regularly.
  • I was really happy with the doctors and nurses who delivered my baby.  I had a high-risk pregnancy (GD, severe pre-e, HELLP syndrome, intrauterine growth restriction) so I had OBs.  Both OBs were female and very caring.  The L&D nurses assigned to me were really great as well.  The post-partum staff was not as good, and some of the nurses were hit or miss.
  • imageKaliChick:

Can I ask some questions about KP?  I'm not pregnant (lucky me, I'm fertility patient), but I have KP.  I actually met with an OBGYN over there yesterday (Dr. Kang) and loved her!  But from everything I've heard, you have very little chance of your actual OB delivering you.  I didn't get a chance to ask her (since I"m not PG it wasn't on my mind) if she sees you most of the time or a midwife.  Also, if you have been with an OB instead of a midwife, will you get an OB at delivery.

Thanks!

I delivered at Irvine.  I saw the same midwife throughout my pregnancy, but my DD was delivered by a different midwife.  My midwife had just signed off for the night when I was admitted.  I am under the impression that if you are low risk then you will be seen by a midwife.  I loved my experience and thought my midwife did a fantastic job.  I had minor complications during my labor and my midwife handled them with ease.  The facility is nice and all the rooms are private!  Good luck. 

• So all the Post Labor Rooms at Sand Canyon are private? I was willing to pay to have a private post delivery stay room, a friend of mine delivered somwhere not sure where and had to listen to a crying baby and moaning in pain new mom....

• imagelujain:
    I was really happy with the doctors and nurses who delivered my baby.  I had a high-risk pregnancy (GD, severe pre-e, HELLP syndrome, intrauterine growth restriction) so I had OBs.  Both OBs were female and very caring.  The L&D nurses assigned to me were really great as well.  The post-partum staff was not as good, and some of the nurses were hit or miss.

This was exactly my experience at Kaiser Sand Canyon...

I would say bring a couple onesies or outfits for LO if you want pics of LO wearing something other than hospital clothes... Pillows and a blanket for DH, He really complained how bad his back hurt after that little couch cot thing.... I can't remember what else, and it was only a week and half ago! lol

DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"