April 2011 Moms

Are You Putting LO's Name On The Wall?

I love this idea of hanging our LO's name above his crib but I'm not sure how I want to do it yet.

My sister is creative and is willing to help me paint them, but do I want ribbon hung letters? Or do I just want them flat against the wall? I also saw recently where someone had a shelf above the crib with the letters set on it (picture below) and I really like that, but I'm nervous about letters falling on him :(

Sooo what are you doing??

Re: Are You Putting LO's Name On The Wall?

• I never hung anything over DD's crib.  The only thing near her crib were little wall decals to match her room but I hung ribbon plaques above the changing table and it looked fine.  I personally would freak out about something falling on her, especially when they are older and can stand in their crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want to get wooden letters to put on the wall with his name, but I think I'd do it over the dresser or changing table and not his crib.  My paranoid self would be worried about them falling off the wall and into the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope someone has an answer to this. I really want to hang the letters on the wall but not sure how my husband will feel with that many holes in the wall lol. And I'm not sure if I have enough talent to actually paint them and have them look nice, hmmmm
  • We put wooden letters (not on ribbons, right on the wall) above DD's changing table in her nursery.  I don't like the idea of anything above the crib.
  • We will probably do name letters somewhere, but I don't like anything on the wall over the crib.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • imageMrsMoss:

I love this idea of hanging our LO's name above his crib but I'm not sure how I want to do it yet.

My sister is creative and is willing to help me paint them, but do I want ribbon hung letters? Or do I just want them flat against the wall? I also saw recently where someone had a shelf above the crib with the letters set on it (picture below) and I really like that, but I'm nervous about letters falling on him :(

Is this your sister's baby's room? I love the colors!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekarbarr:
    imageMrsMoss:

Is this your sister's baby's room? I love the colors!

No, this is just a picture I found online with the shelf and letters. It's an adorable color scheme though!

• If it's a boy, we'll be putting a "C" decal in a circle on the wall over his crib. If it's a girl, I'm sure her name or a "B" will be somewhere in the room, but not over the crib. I have a quote I'm going to have made into a decal and put over her crib.

The only thing I feel comfortable putting "over" a crib is a wall decal. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have smaller letters that stand up and we put her name across the top shelf of her bookshelf in her room (kind of like the picture only they don't lean- I got them at the dollar store). I was against putting anything over the crib because it seem unsafe- especially once LO is able to stand.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the idea & want to do it.  Like pp, I won't put the letters over LOs crib.  The letters will be on the wall w/a dresser most likely.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think that shelf on the wall is cute.  Just make sure the can't reach it, obviously. We are not picking a name for sure uuntil after the birth so I have not thought about this.
  • I bought letters for $3.50 each at Michaels and painted them pink (get a sample size paint at Lowes for $2.50) and put green polka dots on them. The letters already had grooves in the back to hang them by and I chose to lay them flat against the wall - I'm personally not a big fan of the ribbon. I would put up a picture but I'm on my phone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Why not use vinyl wall clings. They stick directly to the wall and when you want to take them down they peel right off with no damage. Uppercase Living www.uppercaseliving.com has some where you can have your LO?s name printed out.

• I paint the letters myself however when we moved into our house that we bought last winter I can't find all the letters and wouldnt you know it one of the letters i can't find is the X for my youngest son's name... so now we have to do it all over again...you could make a smaller sign and paint smaller letters on it that way it can be light weight
  • I'm thinking about getting the wall decals to spell our LO's name - you can find a really great selection on etsy.com - in addition to some other really cute decal decorations!!
  • I bought 4 inch squares at Hobby Lobby.  I'm going to spray paint them all red- well DH is going to anyway.  I also bought Cricut brand vinyl.  I'm going to use my Mickey & Friends cartridge to write out the baby's name (Paetyn/Keaton) and two mickey mouse heads on the ends.  I'll put the vinyl on the blocks and hang it over the crib (I think).

• I think I will do wooden letters on ribbons, but not over the crib.

I would suggest using 3M Command Adhesive hooks if you would like to save your walls. I use them to hang things all the time cuz I hate to poke holes in my walls. They come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes and are really easy to hide with the thing you are hanging. Just make sure you get the hook with the right weight limit for the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"