VBAC
Options

Now I want my medical records & slight vent

At my c/s I was told "baby has moved off to the side.  It's most likely because he doesn't fit.  You need a c/s."  and the ball quickly got rolling.  I was rather shocked/upset and didn't really at that time have the mental/emotional capacity to do much more than agree.  yadda yadda...

So I was looking on spinning babies (baby positioning being a huge deal for me mentally this time around) and saw information on asynclitism, where the baby's head goes off to the side, and how it's not a big deal unless it continues into later labor.  I never got a technical diagnosis, so I'm not exactly aware of baby's position at that point, although I've always been aware that we could have at least tried things to help (lord knows I didn't have that presence of mind or the knowledge of what to try in the moment, though), I have always had this fear that my pelvis is super small, etc.  

Anyhow - this topic has kind of gotten me curious to see exactly what position he was in at that point.  I wonder how detailed it will be, and part of me is still nervous to find out, but for the first time I'm really curious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Now I want my medical records & slight vent

• Options

Order them if you want to see.  I hear that a lot of records don't really note the baby's position in cases like that and will say something like failure to descend or CPD or something.  But I don't really know, and yours might be more informative.

I've thought about ordering mine too but I think they would just upset me at this point. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am curious about my medical records too I am getting them faxed to my new office they need to make sure I have that vertical cut to VBAC. Maybe they will let me see them lol Its just so expensive to buy them. Since they are being sent to my midwife its free but to me I have to pay! Unfortunately, for me to get the info i wanted they cant send me certain pages and its over 100 pages of information so I have to get it all. I think they told me one hundred something dollars which I cant spare right now. I am curious just like you too.

But my cousin is a nurse and works in labor and delivery and she said those records are very very detailed so if you get them it may have the information and alot more for what your looking for.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageiris427:

Order them if you want to see.  I hear that a lot of records don't really note the baby's position in cases like that and will say something like failure to descend or CPD or something.  But I don't really know, and yours might be more informative.

I've thought about ordering mine too but I think they would just upset me at this point. 

Yeah - I've kind of always assumed my records would be less than revealing.  I've also been worried about how they'd affect me, honestly, this is the first time I've had any gumption to try and look at them (my doula suggested it, but I've been kind of aih about it until now).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine didn't say a damned thing about her position...but DH clearly remembers the surgeon stating that DD was stuck & was transverse.  (And by stuck - I mean, actually wedged in my ute. She wasn't anywhere's near my pelvic bone, apparently).
  • Options

I got mine from my insurance because they were refusing to cover something pp and needed them for that.  They didn't say anything specific, just failure to descend. 

I wouldn't discourage you from ordering them though!  Just b/c mine were vague doesn't mean yours would be.

• Options
    I agree, order them and see what they say. Mine had extra info, that not only was DS back to back, but that his head got wedged transverse at 8cm, which they didn't tell me at the time - and gave me 2+ years of stress, feeling like I could have done more. I still think they could have done more, but then I honestly think we'll always think taht way. Or at least I wil.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    Mine wasn't all that informative either, although I think there was some mention of position, it didn't go into detail.  There was an error though, go figure!  It said that I was induced for 3 days and it failed so I had a c/s, but while I was induced for 3 days I went home and then went into labor on my own two days later.  Kind of annoying and I guess they aren't used to people leaving after an induction fails? 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"