Baby Names

What do you think of Riley for a girl?

If this one is a boy it's going to be named after DH, but we are trying to think of a girls name. DD#1 is Camryn Elise. What are your thought's on Riley and do you have any middle name suggestions to go with it?

Re: What do you think of Riley for a girl?

• Personally, I really don't like Riley for a girl.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imagemacchiatto:
    Personally, I really don't like Riley for a girl.

Yes 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been here long, but it seems that on the baby name section here many people are opposed to unisex names. Seeing that you already have a daughter with a unisex name, Riley being unisex is probably not an issue for you. While Riley is not my style (I like feminine names for girls), I think it fits well for a sibling for Camryn.

I see Riley as a spunky, sporty girl with courage and lots of energy.  

• imagealk1234:

I haven't been here long, but it seems that on the baby name section here many people are opposed to unisex names. Seeing that you already have a daughter with a unisex name, Riley being unisex is probably not an issue for you. While Riley is not my style (I like feminine names for girls), I think it fits well for a sibling for Camryn.

I hate unisex names, but I do agree that Riley and Camryn would make a fine sibset. 

Riley Sara

Riley Annabelle 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I like it, but that's because my best friend in high school was Rylee Elizabeth. For some reason that is the only spelling of the name I like, I don't like Riley.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Personally, it's NMS, but I do think it goes GREAT with big sister Cameron.
    VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• They don't like it around here but I do lol

To me Riley has always sounded way too feminine to be a boys name. But I dunno. I like unisex names though. My name's Morgan after all.

The others have made a good point to me though that the middle name should be more feminine so it's clearer what the sex is.

• I love Riley ... for a boy.

It is DS2's middle name after my FIL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • i like it :)
    Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • I am also generally anti-unisex names, but Riley has grown on me due to a friend's little girl being named Riley. When you know a kid with the name, you tend to warm up to it I think. Anywho, Riley is super spunky and precocious and she cracks me up! :)

I think it's a good match with Camryn, and definitely go for a feminine middle name, such as Elizabeth. The Riley I know is Riley Amber.

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Oh and you should consider the fact that the name is growing in popularity, so there might be a lot of little Rileys running around in the next few years. Think about whether you are okay with that or not.

• Not a fan, but I can see how it would work if your DD is Camryn.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I love Riley for a girl. 

Riley Elizabeth

Riley Katherine

Riley Kate

Riley Emma

Riley Nora

Riley Ann

Riley Marie

Riley Alice

Riley Elise

Riley Olivia

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't like it, but it seems to be exactly your style and goes well with your other DD's name.
  • My niece is Rylee Eve, the mn is my mom's name. Although I prefer feminine names I agree it fits your style and makes a good sib set.

• I'm so very over this name.

• I think now its more a girls name than a boys name. I do not think its very "boyish" anymore.

But at least you are spelling it correctly. "Rylee" makes me want to cry.

• IMO Riley is a girl's name.
  • I dislike Riley for a girl but at least you're spelling it right; I agree that it makes a good sibling for Camryn.

I like the sound of Riley Catherine (Riley Cate is pretty adorable) 

• imageforensicmama:
    imagealk1234:

I haven't been here long, but it seems that on the baby name section here many people are opposed to unisex names. Seeing that you already have a daughter with a unisex name, Riley being unisex is probably not an issue for you. While Riley is not my style (I like feminine names for girls), I think it fits well for a sibling for Camryn.

I hate unisex names, but I do agree that Riley and Camryn would make a fine sibset. 

Riley Sara

Riley Annabelle 

Our good friends named their daughter Riley Annabelle and everyone calls her Riley Belle. She is sporty and spunky! Older brother is named Brady and they are the most adorable pair.  I like it!

• imageBlueRidge8:
    I'm so very over this name.

This.  Especially since I know many dogs with this name...including my own.  I don't see the appeal.

Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• To me, it is a great name for a dog.  Sorry.

• LOVE Riley for a girl (and I like it spelled this way, hate Rylee). I think it's used way too much on girls now that it would be too feminine on a boy, but that's just me. And I think it goes great with your DD now as well.

I like:

Riley Megan

Riley Sienna

Riley Brooke

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAMB11:

imageBlueRidge8:
    I'm so very over this name.

This.  Especially since I know many dogs with this name...including my own.  I don't see the appeal.

I know a ton of dogs named Charley. Is that now not allowed for humans?

• I have a hard time with Riley as a name for a boy or a girl. To me its a last name, probably because its mine. If I had to chose, I prefer it for a girl over a boy though.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"