South Florida Babies
Options

hi! and question re: disney world

So I've been majorly MIA (beyond busy at work) and I've seen that things have been really slow around here lately. I hope everyone has been doing great :) Luckily so many of us are facebook friends and can keep in touch that way.

Anyway, I had a Disney World related question for those who have gone with your kiddos: how old were they the first time you took them? At whatever that age was, did you feel like it was worth it? Meaning, was your child old enough to really enjoy the experience?

We are starting to think about making our first trip over. We were originally going to wait until the spring of 2011, but now we're considering going in December. At the time we're thinking of going, Emma would be 1 year and a few weeks old. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it or if we should just save the money to go some time next year. I know DH and I will totally enjoy it and I know that the baby will "behave" and tolerate the activities, but that's not the same as her really enjoying it, KWIM?

Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say about your experience...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: hi! and question re: disney world

• Options

we went for abby's 1st birthday and she really enjoyed it.  she didn't "get" what we were doing, but she loved seeing the characters and going on some of the rides.  would we do it all over again?  yes.  i think it was a graet experience- mainy for us- and she really enjoyed it... especially since when we went, we went during mickey's very merry christmas.  All the lights, decorations, music- it was amazing and Abby really did get a kick out of it all.  Granted, had we saved and gone this year, Abby would have probably "gotten" quite a bit more.  She is understanding what Christmas is and who the characters are a bit more, so I think she would definitely like it more. At the same time, she's 2... and she's a bit... stubborn.  I know she'd be putting up quite a bit more of a fight whereas last year she was very calm, laid back, and accomodating to our schedules! 

I think this time of year is the best to experience Disney with a toddler.  I, honestly, would say go for it!  I'd have gone then than now when we'er starting potty training.  They have the kid centers where you can change diapers and nurse and just relax.  I would hate to have to go to the public restrooms with a 2 year old who wants to touch everything!  lol

• Options
    Hi Jen! It has been very slow...i think many of our regular posters are either taking care of newborns or back to work. ;) We took Evan to Disney for the 1st time at 21 months. we had gone to Orlando for a wedding so we took advantage and went to MK 1 day. I am so glad we took him! He was overall very good and enjoyed most kiddie rides. I say most because he actually closed his eyes in fear in Peter Pan and Snow White. lol I think taking baby before the age of 2 is more fun for the parents. The kids will enjoy to some degree but they are obviously too small to truly understand everything that's going on. Now that Evan is past the 2 year mark, I think he would enjoy more but I would have not hesitated to take him closer to the 1 year mark. If you can do it money-wise, why not? They are easier to deal with at that age too. My hubby and I are big on having the babies adapt to us (hence, why Evan went to almost every Heat game for 2 years since the age of 10 weeks old lol) so a trip is a nice opportunity to have family quality time, even if baby is not 100? percent understanding the situation.;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're taking Carley (for the first time) in December, too. What week are you planning on going??
  • Options
    I was considering taking her for her 1st bday to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween event instead of having a big party.  I figured the grandparents could come, too, and that way we could have a mini-vacation since by that time it will be almost 2 years without a vaca for us.  So, I'm glad to see that others had good experiences.  
  • Options
    We went last year for nadia's 1st bday. She had a great time & enjoyed it. She loved the characters & enjoyed looking at everything. We went again when she was 14 months & then 16 months. It was a wonderful experience every time & she noticed diff things each time. We're going back tomorrow for her 2nd bday & I can't wait to see her enjoy it this tine around! Take it slow & have fun!
  • Options
    We are planning on going around that time as well. At this age, will they enjoy everything about disney to the fullest and remember everything, no. But definatly they will have fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsJOSEnADRI:
    I was considering taking her for her 1st bday to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween event instead of having a big party.  I figured the grandparents could come, too, and that way we could have a mini-vacation since by that time it will be almost 2 years without a vaca for us.  So, I'm glad to see that others had good experiences.  

This is our plan as well.  : )  And since nieces and nephew all share similar bdays to my boys, it will be one huge celebration.   

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I absolutely loveeee Disney and have to go at least once a year. That said, Abraham first went at 6months and he loved the lights but didn't understand anything lol. He went back twice when he was 1 and he reallyyyy enjoyed it. I would definitely take her, it's always a good experience and they really love looking at everything, even if they won't remember the trip later on.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm really looking forward to taking J for the first time this December where he will be 2 yrs 3 mths, he will def get it and i'm so looking forward to his reaction <3

When in December do you plan on going?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"