Maine Babies

Girls in Maine are hard to find!

I live way up in Presque Isle, and so far have been out of luck finding friends around this area since I've moved here. Anyone near here?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girls in Maine are hard to find!

• Presque Isle is WAY up there!! I can see where is would be difficult to meet new people when most of Maines population is in the southern half of the state. I live in the Waterville and have only lived here for about 2 years, because I didn't grow up here it is difficult to meet new friends.

I am 26 years old and am 16 weeks pregnant with my first child. So far so good, I've felt amazingly well and I am hoping the next few weeks go very quick. I can't wait for our baby to get here!

Super Psyched!!!

• I feel like there are no Maine girls on any of these 'blog' type sites...so sad!  I'm in Auburn.  Just found out today that I'm pregnant...kind of odd how it happened.  I hadn't even missed my period yet, just decided to take a test because I felt funny! 

EDD 7/18/2010~

• Loading the player...
  • Hey I'm from Lewiston! Congrats :) and to the original poster--I'm sorry you're so far away! I would love to meet with other mommies as well. Good luck finding others.
  • I was just thinking the same thing. We moved to Raymond from NJ last year and I'm having a hard time finding friends in the area. I'm 5 1/2 weeks along and it would be so nice to have other women my age to chat/commiserate with. Sorry you're so far away!
  • I am in South Portland, so you would think that it would be easier for me to find people but no such luck. I find that making friends at this stage in life is really hard. I don't work at a job that gives me access to my peers so how do I go about making friends?
  • I should add that you can try finding local organizations that involve babies. My town has what's called Maine Families (Advocates for Children). They have a play group where you can bring your child to meet other children. I think the ages range. However, I suppose it's a good chance to meet other parents. I would check to see if there is something similar in your town. 
  • imagemeganut75:
    I was just thinking the same thing. We moved to Raymond from NJ last year and I'm having a hard time finding friends in the area. I'm 5 1/2 weeks along and it would be so nice to have other women my age to chat/commiserate with. Sorry you're so far away!

I live in Raymond too - but it is hard to find people in the area. They do have story time at the library that I am thinking about checking out.

Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • imagemeganut75:
    I was just thinking the same thing. We moved to Raymond from NJ last year and I'm having a hard time finding friends in the area. I'm 5 1/2 weeks along and it would be so nice to have other women my age to chat/commiserate with. Sorry you're so far away!

I live in Raymond too - but it is hard to find people in the area. They do have story time at the library that I am thinking about checking out.

Little man # 1 - 03/05/2010
    Little man # 2 - 05/02/2013
    Little sister - 07/16/2015
  • Hey!

I was hoping to find someone from my area on here. I live in Fairfield. I'm 28 years old, 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Just found out its a BOY. Anyways, thought it would be nice to find someone else close by who is going through what I am.

Erica

• I am new to the site, but I live in the Bangor area. I am almost 21 weeks pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a note, there are at least 50 girls over on the ME board on the Nest and there is always lots of baby talk. We just went over there from the Knot and decided not to move over to the bump so that the topics could vary. Come on over, we're a welcoming group :) There are a lot of girls all over ME and up in the Raymond area etc and we have lots of GTG's etc.
  • go Maine

I'm in Portland - and yes, it seems that Maine does not represent on these boards at all.

• I'm way down in Berwick ME on the border of ME/NH.  So far, no luck finding new Mommas in this area.  I'm sure when the weather gets better and I'm walking LO around the neighborhood that we'll meet some new Moms.  I sure to heck hope so!  There doesn't seem to be any parks around here either.  Hopefully something will give come spring! :)
  • Hi ladies!  I live in Saco, Maine and am 14w4d, expecting my first.  I am planning on delivering at Mercy's Birthplace in Portland and am considering waterbirthing.

I would love to meet some more expecting mothers in the area!!  If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, check out the application BabyBump... the community forum there is great. :) 

• Hey, Iovemypilot10 I am in Auburn and due 7/20 . . . I tried to message you but couldn't figure out how.  I would love to meet a mama-to-be in the area; most of my friends are in the Yarmouth / Portland area.  I have an 18 month old daughter and live around the corner from Pettingill Park.  Feel free to contact me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"