Central Florida Babies
Options

Help finding a Dr who accepts Medicaid? Please help..

I'm just trying to find a general practitioner for myself who will accept Medicaid, and be able to see me soon. Long story short, I hurt my back very badly while trying to get DS up out of his crib, and I need help. I can barely get up out of bed on my own, and I can't even get DS up off of the changing table by myself. If this keeps up I'm not going to be able to take care of my baby. I have tried everything I know of. I've called doctors daily for the past 2 weeks. I've called and requested a list of providers three times from the Medicaid office, and have yet to recieve anything. I broke down yesterday and went to the ER. Even they barely gave me the time of day. They didn't even really examine me, just asked where it hurt, left me sitting on a bed for 4 hours, gave me a scrip for darvocet, and sent me home. So far all that's done is give me a splitting headache, which is apparently one of the common side effects. It's done nothing to alleviate the pain and I just can't go on like this. Paying for care out of pocket just isn't an option. We just plain don't have the money right now. SO's hours have been cut so that he can't qualify for insurance there, and anyway we're not married so I wouldn't be able to get on it. I'm out of a job and still looking for anything that will provide some sort of benefits, and pay enough that I can afford to put DS in daycare and go to work in the first place. I really really need help. I can't keep doing this.

Does anyone out there know of any general practitioners who accept Medicaid in the Orlando/Orange County/Lake County area? At this point I'm even willing to drive a ways because I just can't keep this up. Please help, it would mean the world to my family if we could finally get me better so I can take care of them.

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Help finding a Dr who accepts Medicaid? Please help..

• Options
    Medicaid can give you the name of a doctor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have the best Midwife and they have doctors too. Its Florida Womens Center Altamonte. Dr. sweets Practice. will sign on later with number. They are amazing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just re read it and didnt see General Practioners. Sorry. But call Medicaid and they will give u one or u can even google it. thats how I found an eye doc. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"