Postpartum Depression

Zoloft insomnia?

Has anyone experienced this?  Or a more hyper, jittery feeling on the drug?  Is this temporary or should I look at stopping/switching to another drug?

TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zoloft insomnia?

• I never experienced this personally.  However, I was warned that this could happen.  My Dr said if I did experience this, to take my Zoloft either in the morning, or mid-day.  I have heard that a lot of people have insomnia due to Zoloft.  HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi,

I am on day 5 of 25mg of zoloft and am wondering the same thing. I wake up at 3:00am every morning and toss and turn. I am feeling jittery from then until about noon then I seem to be ok.

I have heard that this should pass after a few weeks, but I would love to hear someones actual experience with zoloft.

How long have you been taking it? I hope it provides you (and me!) some relief soon...

• Loading the player...
  • What time of day are you taking the Zoloft?  I was warned that if you take it at bedtime it can cause insomnia.  Although it didn't cause insomnia for me, you could try switching to taking it either first thing in the morning, or (for most people) mid-morning works best.  I was also warned that I needed to take it at the same time every day.  HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry for the delay in replying back to you all . . .

I took 50mg of the Zoloft at night because my OB did not instruct me differently.  I did not feel anything different the first night, but by the next afternoon, I was jittery, and had definite insomnia the night of my second dose.  It was way too early to say if it helped with my issues, and to be honest, I feel like I now have more anxiety from it!

The OB told me to stop, and I also had a talk with my friend who is a resident in psychiatry.  She told me that it was a rare, but definite side effect of Zoloft.  However, she also told me that it is possible I need a different medication than an SSRI type of anti-depressant.  She said that if a person has any mild or borderline bipolar tendencies, then SSRIs can make them a tad manic.  Great, right?

She told me to go ahead and try the Lexapro that my OB prescribed instead, but if I had any issues, that I should stop and see a real psychiatrist about my meds.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the opposite happen when I was on it last time. I had to take it at night because it made me so sleepy.

I just started taking it again today. I was told to split them in half for a week to let my body adjust.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had this problem and changed to taking it every AM at 9AM. It's helped a TON!
  • I felt very hyper/jittery when I first started taking it for the first day or so.  It passed, but I have been having insomnia.  I don't think it's related to the zoloft though.  I saw my psychiatrist today and she thinks it's related to anxiety so she upped my zoloft and told me to try benadryl until the increased dosage kicks in.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"