South Florida Babies

Poll: Bottles

Hi Ladies, we registered on Monday and am on the fence about the bottles...

What bottles would you recommend?

what bottles have you had a bad experience with?

I'm going to BF, but will rotate bottle feeding so that my DH can help with feedings and so that when i return to work he can use the bottle.

Thank you!

My Blog: One Project at a Time Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Chart
CP 05/09
BFP on 7/26/09 - M/C 8/13/09 @ 7 Wks
BFP on 10/28/09 - M/C 11/9/09 @ 5 Wks 2 Days
1/25/10 - RPL results everything normal but have low Progesterone
BFP on 06/09/10 - EDD 02/20/2011

Re: Poll: Bottles

• We used playtex drop-ins.  I loved them and would use them again.  I really liked that the liners could be thrown out, it was less cleaning.  They helped with reducing gas. 

I know a lot of people love the Dr Brown's bottles, but I actually had a bad experience with them, I used them once and Alexis had like projectile spit up.  Every baby is different though! 

image image

• imageMrsLeanna:

We used playtex drop-ins.  I loved them and would use them again.  I really liked that the liners could be thrown out, it was less cleaning.  They helped with reducing gas.   

This exactly!! I'm using them with the baby once I go back to work. And just to add...i've never ever had an issue with the bottles leaking. A bit of a tip...all babies are different so I would buy 1-2 bottles to try and if it works well for your baby, you can always go back for more.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageAlbah:
    imageMrsLeanna:

We used playtex drop-ins.  I loved them and would use them again.  I really liked that the liners could be thrown out, it was less cleaning.  They helped with reducing gas.   

This exactly!! I'm using them with the baby once I go back to work. And just to add...i've never ever had an issue with the bottles leaking. A bit of a tip...all babies are different so I would buy 1-2 bottles to try and if it works well for your baby, you can always go back for more.

Another vote for the Playtex Drop-Ins. They make washing and sanitizing a breeze and we've never had any issues with leaks.   

• I liked Avent. I tried the Drop-in's but it didn't work out as well.
  • I used Dr Browns bottles with both of my LO's and had no problem with them.  I never used any other kind though, so I have nothing to compare them to.  I wash my bottles in the dishwasher everyday so the extra parts are not an issue for me.

• I breastfed DD and also used Avent bottles when I pumped for other people to help with feedings. I got the same ones this time around.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • I used Avent - some people complain that they leak.  That is only when you do not have them sealed properly.  I do not BF so I do not know if there are bottles that are better for BFing.  No need to sanitize where I live - just put in the dishwasher so the bottle washing containers for the dishwasher instead of the drying rack and sanitizer were more useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"