Potty Training
Options

How often does your LO use the potty?

On day 2 of wearing underwear and she seriously pees every 5 or 10 minutes.  Just a little each time, but it's crazy.  How do I teach her to hold it until she really has to go.  I swear we go from the sink right back to the toilet, but I really don't want to discourage her.  Any suggestions?  She goes back to daycare tomorrow and I know it's not practical for her to pee in the bathroom every 10 minutes there.

Re: How often does your LO use the potty?

• Options
    DD does a good job of holding her pee until she has a full bladder. But she was doing that before we started potty training. Her diapers would be dry for hours at a time. If I were you, I think I would take a break from the training or be really relaxed about it until she can hold her bladder a little longer - you must be exausted!
    DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Options
    Have you been upping her liquid intake? If so, stop! We had that problem with my DD. I was pumping her full of juice, popcicles whatever and she couldn't hold her urine at all. Once I stopped and let her go back to what she drank normally, she started peeing normally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No - haven't changed anything about her liquid intake.  Sure enough, I switched her back to pull ups this afternoon (I seriously couldn't take all the back and forth) and she stayed dry for 2 hours.  Maybe it was just too much pressure right now.  I'm just going to back off for a few weeks and talk to her daycare tomorrow so they can continue helping her learn. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"