Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Do you still use onesies under outfits

now that winter is here?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you still use onesies under outfits

• Not unless she's wearing a sweater or something where a long-sleeved shirt underneath would be too warm.  Very rarely use a onesie but we keep the house at 70 during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope.  DS is a hot blooded kid.  He is always warm even when we are all freezing! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Certain outfits, yes, and we will under all outfits once snow is on the ground.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Yes, all the time in the winter.  DD didn't wear one in the summer but I think we will do them through this winter and I'm thinking next winter when she's 3 we will do those little tank top-undershirts.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • yes but not everyday depends on what she's wearing
  • Only if he's wearing a sweater.  Once it gets to be the dead of winter I will probably have him wear them daily.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We almost always do a onesie under his shirt. ?He has always liked to be warm, ever since he was a newborn. ?
  • We haven't used them for a long time - dd would get too hot and get a heat rash under them.
  • We use ls onesies and pants as her outfit most days.  But even if it is just a shirt and pants or a sweater and pants, I don't put anything under it.
  • Yes. I like having him in an extra layer.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When it is really chilly, yes I do.  When I pick him up, his shirt ends up riding up and I don't want his skin exposed.  Sometimes I put him in a short sleeve T with a long sleeve onesie underneath it-- to extend the life of his summer clothes a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes. I started again a few weeks ago when it started to get cooler outside. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes for the younger one, and I will until it gets warm again.  We're outside a lot regardless of the weather since we live in a city and at the very least our car is rarely right outside our door.  Plus, if it's a choice between sitting in our tiny apartment all day or bundling up and going to the playground we usually go to the playground so the kids can run around and get energy out (I'm very strict on no running, jumping, etc in the house since we have neighbors below us and on both sides).
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, I find them to be a pita for diaper changes, etc. We usually put a t-shirt under whatever he's wearing. Sometimes if we'll be outside for a long time we let him wear fitted pajamas under his clothes (top and pants), but we generally are not onesie fans.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Yes, always. I want DD to have an extra layer.
  • It is funny you should post this - DD is wearing jeans, a pink long sleeve oniesie and a fleece sweashirt today.  Sometimes I put a short sleeve shirt on under the sweatshirts but i like the onesies for really cold weather.  But we don't do it often (also because I think I only have the one :) )
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Haven't used them since he started walking.
  • i never really have except for winter time/warmth... aka if he was wearing a sweater, i would put something under it if it was really cold. or under a sweatshirt.
  • Part of the time. I'm trying to remember to put a onesie on Will every day b/c he has a big patch of eczema on his back that never heals because he keeps scratching it. Aquaphor and onesies has been keeping that at bay. ;) At this age I think either a shirt or a onesie work fine when they need layering (unless you're PTing ;)).
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I never have.  He normally wears a t-shirt plus a sweatshirt if it's really cold.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I do put onsies under his clothes if his shirt might pull up and expose bare skin.  I hate to think of the cold air hitting his belly.  This will be the last winter to do so though.
  • imageAfterAll:
    When it is really chilly, yes I do.  When I pick him up, his shirt ends up riding up and I don't want his skin exposed.  Sometimes I put him in a short sleeve T with a long sleeve onesie underneath it-- to extend the life of his summer clothes a bit.

This.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"