Two Under 2

Anyone's toddler hate being constrained to stroller?

I'm on the fence about buying a double stroller because my DD (20 mos) is already not a fan of being in the stroller. The only time she goes in it is at the end of a long day out on our feet, which doesn't happen that often (zoo, etc.). Anyone else like this, did you bother buying one?

Re: Anyone's toddler hate being constrained to stroller?

• Look into a sit and stand.  That way she has a place to rest and can be save in places like parking lots but also can get down easily.

We used our double only a hand full of times.  We lived in our sit and stand for a while! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • DS isn't a fan of the stroller (25 months) but I still think our double is invaluable.  Sometimes he just has to deal with being constrained - we travel fairly often and the double is an absolute necessity for me to get them through the airport.  I also need it at the mall, and will use it for quick grocery/store stops when I don't need much stuff.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, I'd look into a Joovy sitnstand.  I forked out a lot for my stroller and my toddler isn't a fan either so we don't use it often.  It's handy sometimes and she now understands that if mama's alone, I need her to sit in it to keep her safe, but I'm watching craigslist for a nice deal on a Joovy. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"