Health & Exercise
Options

When to start PP workouts?

I will wait until my 3 week check up to make sure my OB says it's okay but I was wondering when you started exercising after baby and what types of exercises you started with? I'm not a runner and I do aerobic workouts. I know im supposed to start slow so Im trying to figre out where to start. I have gained a total of 30Ibs and have lost 12.5 Ibs so far. I would like to lose about 10 IBS more than I gained so I would like to lose a total of 40 Ibs by summer. Any advice??

TIA

Re: When to start PP workouts?

• Options

I would wait until after your 3 week check up to really start doing anything. Of course you can do some gentle stretching, walking and breathing exercises, but you want to give your body a chance to heal.

I came across this workout plan a few days ago. Wish I would have found it sooner!

Busy Mom's Bootcamp

• Options

I had a c/s and I started walking the day we got home from the hospital.  DH and I walked about 3 miles that day - and it felt amazing!  I started running again about 5w pp with the Couch to 5k program at CoolRunning.com  :) 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an easy vaginal delivery and started walking the day after birth. I started running again a week after birth but I ran daily throughout my entire pregnancy until I went into labor. I ran a marathon 2 months after birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started walking right away, but just be careful of over doing it. I started with some slow, short walks and built myself back up. I had a pretty easy vaginal delivery, but even with that I had to be cautious. It seemed like I got sore really easily.
  • Options
    My OB had me walking the day after I delivered. I was cleared for light activity ( long walks, light weights, yoga) right away. I was cleared to run and workout as usual at 6 weeks. 
  • Options
    I started back 2 weeks after a vaginal birth. I'm a cardio freak and I couldn't stand waiting any longer. The key is to start slow and don't be too hard on your body.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"