Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 months and chewing fist, drooling, fussy

Can this be teething? Or just LO recognizing hands?

He really bites down and when he bites his fist, he is not interested in eating, he just wants to bite.

We let him bite on a teething toy last night which he loved and seemed to soothe him.

If you have or have had a LO do this...anything to help? 

Re: 2 months and chewing fist, drooling, fussy

• Teething. Lo is doing it and for now, I am letting it go as I know sometimes it seems to hurt but I know it'll get worse so I want to wait on the tylenol.
  • I was wondering the same thing about my LO.  He's started drooling recently and fist chewing.  Yesterday he let out his painful cry, with tears for no reason, it seemed.  I am not ready for him to have teeth yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It's most likely NOT teething.  Most 2 month olds do this.
  • My 2 month does that and the doc said she's definitely not teething yet.  Just learning where her hands are and whatnot.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Don't call me prego caffeine-thursday your BFF google having a baby
  • Mine does this too, although more of a sucking on her fists, not really biting. I thought teething too, but didn't realize it could happen so early. We have some teething toys, but I'm not sure she could hold it and bring it to her mouth. We'll have to try it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was at my mom's group and the nurse there said that it probably is teething.  They most likely won't have teeth for months, but they still could be moving and causing pain.
  • Thanks for posting this! How long will this fussiness last? It's been easing up with each day that passes (knock on wood), but my little one has been fussy for about four days, sucking his hand and drooling - all totally new behaviors.

I've noticed that rubbing my finger along his gums seems to soothe him a bit.

• Look at his gums to see if he has white spots where tooth buds could be.  If you can see the white spots on his gums, (lower middle or top middle) then he is teething.  If not then he most likely just found his hands.
  • imageMD_Chocoholic:
    My 2 month does that and the doc said she's definitely not teething yet.  Just learning where her hands are and whatnot.

This. My doc said, "that is how babies explore their world." :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"