South Jersey Babies
Options

OB with U/S in office

The office I currently go to, which I really like, doesn't have an ultrasound machine in any of its offices, which means any ultrasounds have to be done off site, usually whenever Booth has appointments. I needed a few more than just the 20 week U/S with my son and I'm just thinking about possibly switching for the future. So, tell me about your office that has ultrasound capabilities so I can maybe be better accomodated next time around.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OB with U/S in office

• Options
    Hmm, Mine doesn't - it's Pinelands OBGYN / Penn Medicine.
  • Options

imagemadicyn:
    Hmm, Mine doesn't - it's Pinelands OBGYN / Penn Medicine.

This is where I go, too.  I had to have many u/s throughout my pregnancy, too and always had to go to Larchmont Imaging for u/s.  It was never a problem though.   I was always able to get in easily.  Many times I was able to call when I left the ob and head right there for an u/s.

Good Luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Garden State Obgyn does.  However in my case, my insurance wouldn't cover u/s there, even though they covered the doctors there, so I still had to go to South Jersey Radiology for my ultrasound.
  • Options

imageLandD052006:
    Garden State Obgyn does.  However in my case, my insurance wouldn't cover u/s there, even though they covered the doctors there, so I still had to go to South Jersey Radiology for my ultrasound.

This is my issue as well. My insurance only covers SJ Radiology so I have to go there, even if my OB has one in the office.

• Options
    Thanks ladies. It's interesting that an insurance company wouldn't cover an U/S in an office that takes the insurance. Boo to insurance companies! I'll have to look into this if I do decide to switch. Might not be worth it at all if my insurance will still make me go to a radiology place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I go to Ocean Women's Healthcare Group in Manahawkin, they do the ultrasounds in the office and I have never had a problem with insurance.
  • Options

If you're anywhere near Mt. Laurel, I would HIGHLY recommend Cherry Hill OB/Gyn. They're on Fellowship Road right off of Exit 36 on 295. I believe they also have a Hammonton office.

They have ultrasound machines in there...I haven't had an appointment yet where I haven't been able to see LO. The docs in there are terrific... very easy to talk to. The doc I mostly see is a big fan of doing ultrasounds at each appointment, especially for first-timers. I have my favorites, but am comfortable with any doc in there. I also like that they're open late, so I've never had to take off of work for an appointment.

My mom's been going there for close to 30 years now, and I switched there about two years ago and am very happy I did, especially now with being pregnant.

STM due Feb. 2017!
  • Options
    I go to Brick Women's Physicians.  They have been wonderful and do ultrasounds and blood work in office which is really convenient.  I've never had problems with insurance there either and they call and pre-approve everything and let you know if you need a PCP referral or anything which I really appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"