San Diego Babies

Childbirth & infant care classes?!!

So I tried to sign up for the childbirth preperation classes, along with breastfeeding, infant care, infant cpr, etc through the hospital I will be birthing at (ucsd hillcrest). They told me to sign up between 20-25 weeks to ensure a class spot. So I filled out the online registration and got a reply that all he classes for the rest of 2010 are full.... no joke.

I am due the first week in February so that does not even leave me time to take childbirth preparation classes, which are like 6 weeks, if they have any room in the January 2011 classes. I looked online to try and find childbirth and infant care classes not at the hospital in san diego with no such luck (except for hypno birthing and mid wife type classes that are $300-$400 and dont apply to my situation).

The only thing I can find is that Scripps Hospital also offers these classes. Would it be weird if I where to take these classes at a different hospital that I will not be birthing at? Either way they cost about the same as ucsd but do you think the methods, etc will be different? A hospital tour, etc is part of the classes at Scripps which obviously is pointless to me but I may have to just do it anyway, I dont see any other options....

Does anybody know of anything else, or suggestions?

Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Childbirth & infant care classes?!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"