Two Under 2
Options

Anyone with 4 ages 5 and under?

That's what I'll have next March.  My oldest turns 5 next month, then the middle child turns 3 in December and my youngest just turned 1 three days ago.  All girls!  I am due in March.  We are going to find out the gender next week. We have a three bedroom house so right now the baby is in her own room and the 2 and 4 yr old share a room.  I am trying to figure out which one to put with the new baby!  I think the oldest might work best getting up and going back to sleep when the new baby cries but the 1 and 2 year old in the same room is a scary thought, as they are my little schemers :-)  Anyone else squeezing 4 kids in a small house?

Re: Anyone with 4 ages 5 and under?

• Options

congrats!

we have a tiny house and want 4 as well, we'll see if we can squeeze more in here down the road =) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are in a similar situation.  DD#1 turns 6 next week. DS is 4 1/4, DD#2 is 9 months and Baby #4 is due in May.  We currently have a 5 bedroom house (ranch style) but two of the bedrooms are on the other side of the house and we are not comfortable with having one/some of the kids on one side of the house and us/other kids on the other (if that makes sense?).  We use one of the further bedrooms as a toy room and the other as our office.

DD#1 and DS share right now since they are older, sleep well, etc.  Depending on the gender of Baby #4, we will probably split them up when baby is STTN (unless Baby #4 is a girl, then we will keep older two together and have DD#2 and Baby share and hope for the best).

Of course, my dream plan is to buy a 4 bedroom house before #4 comes and put DD#1 and DS together, DD#2 in own room, and Baby #4 in own room until DD#2 and Baby #4 are 3 and 2.  Then we would re-assign rooms depending on the gender outcome.

Whew!

Good luck to you! 

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a 4yo, 2yo, 1yo, and another due in January.  Right now we live in a two bedroom house (1000 square feet).  We have all three in the same room right now.  In January we will be finishing our attic and the girls will have one room and the boys the other.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i had 3 under 3 for a while :)  Now my oldest is 3.5.  The twins share a room. Our house is tiny.

i would put the new baby in your room until he/she is STTN really well - then put with the youngest... that's how my parents did it with their 4.

• Options
    Our families sound very similar.  My oldest DD will be 5 next month, DS will be 3 in March, DD2 will be 1 in December and baby #4 is due in March.  We found out last week we are having another girl so are starting to plan who will share a room (we are in a 4 bedroom house).
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    Me! I have four girls in about 1500 sq ft, and we make it work. My 4 and 3 year old DDs share, and my 19 month old twins share a room. I would have your new baby room in with you until they're STTN, and then move them in with your youngest. It's definitely possible to squeeze them in. Bunk beds will be your friends!!

Would I like more space? Of course!! But, I would actually like more family space. We don't have a family room, so that would be at the top of my list. I think as four kids get older, they need space to spread out, and it doesn't necessarily mean individual bedrooms. If they feel like they can have friends over or have some quiet space to do homework, etc, then it'll be fine. Congrats on number 4!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to Megan(5), Bridget(4), Tessa and Annie (2) and Mary (brand new)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"