Illinois Babies
Options

New and needing a doctor in Lincoln Park area

Hi everyone. I am new here and new to Chicago. My husband and I want to start TTC, but I want to get into the doctor first. I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Chen at Northwestern, but she and all the doctors there are booked out until mid-October! I made an appointment with one of the nurse practitioners instead. I'm just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a great obgyn. I live in Lincoln Park on the edge of Lincoln Park/Old Town/Gold Coast. 

Thanks for your help! 

Re: New and needing a doctor in Lincoln Park area

• Options

Hi -

I see Dr. Foley at Northwestern and have been incredibly pleased with him so far. He's just as hard to get an appointment with as Dr. Chen, but worth the wait.

Good luck!  

• Options
    Thanks! It's good to know another name in that office. I think I'll stay there and try to get in with one of them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spent a couple years trying to find an OBGYN office in Chicago I like. I had an appointment last month at Advocate Medical Group in Illinois Masonic Hospital. My appt was with one of the nurses, Linda Masini. She was great, very friendly and willing to take time to talk about my TTC questions. I've heard the same about the rest of the nurses, midwives and doctors there. Good luck!

Began TTC #1 in Sept. 2010. I was 33, DH was 36.. Dx with DOR and slight MFI (8/4/11).

Test results (after first RE visit 6/21/11): 7DPO b/w: Progesterone = 11.3; CD3 b/w: FSH = 10.1 mUnits/mL, E2= 52.0 pg/mL, AFC: 6; SIS Ultrasound: Uterus great, tubes clear! AMH: 0.3 

IUI#1 June 2012 (Follistim/HCG trigger): BFN 
    IUI#2 July 2012 (Follistim/HCG trigger): BFN 
    IUI#3 August 2012 (Follistim/HCG trigger): CP (Beta #1: 4.61, Beta #2: 1.0) 
    IUI#4 October 2012 (Follistim, ovulated before trigger, missed IUI, converted to TI): BFN 
    Jan. 2013 New RE
    IVF #1 June 2013 MDL Protocol. Converted to IUI#4.1. (High E2 and 3+ mature follicles at first monitoring.) BFFN
    IVF #1.2 August 2013 Stop Lupron Protocol with Human Growth Hormone added. 17R, 14M, 9F (with ICSI), 2 embryos (decent quality - grade 2) transferred on day 3, 2 blasts made it to freeze. Beta 8/26. BFFN :'(

FET #1 December 2013 Last try! Transferred 2 blasts -- graded 3AB and 4BB. Beta #1 (12/27/13) 530. Beta #2 (12/30/13) 1876. BFP! One bean. EDD 9/3/2014!

We welcomed the most beautiful baby girl into the world on September 11, 2014!

• Options

imageGettinCrafty:
    I spent a couple years trying to find an OBGYN office in Chicago I like. I had an appointment last month at Advocate Medical Group in Illinois Masonic Hospital. My appt was with one of the nurses, Linda Masini. She was great, very friendly and willing to take time to talk about my TTC questions. I've heard the same about the rest of the nurses, midwives and doctors there. Good luck!

I had her for my recent annual exam, and she was amazing.  I usually see Dr. Bicahlo, who is also great.  I think anyone at that office will be wonderful to have as an OB.

Our #2 is on the way!

BFP #1 - 08.2008, EDD 3.19.09 - Missed MC at 9 weeks - 09.2008
    BFP #2 - 4.22.11, EDD 1.4.12 - DS #1 - 11.27.2011
    BFP #3 - 10.27.13, EDD 6.29.14 - Chemical pregnancy - 11.02.2013
    BFP #4 - 4.7.14 - EDD 12.11.14 stick baby stick!!
    6.10.14 - It's another healthy boy!!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

December 2014 December Siggy Challenge - Free for all!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"