Natural Birth

Want a doula but can't afford/justify spending the money on one?

Just a tip....if you really want a doula look into finding a doula in training/going through certification to get their license that would be willing to volunteer (they need to witness/practice a certain amount of births)...most of them are free, some offer their services at a minimum cost.  We contacted the birthing center that we took our hypnobirthing class and will be meeting with a doula today (originally were not planning on having one and yes I am 2 days past due!).  She seemed great on the phone.  Best to meet with this person (most of them request/require that you do).  Just a suggestion that some of you may want to look into.  GL!
Natalia
Konstantino
Maximo
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/

Re: Want a doula but can't afford/justify spending the money on one?

• My last doula was in training when I hired her.  It's a really affordable way to have a doula.  She was amazing and I am now hiring her again for this birth. 
  • Yes 

I'm strongly considering doing this because we are tight on money and my OB is out of network.  Even if a doula is less experienced, she can still be a valuable part of the birth team IMO.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • sometimes churches do free doulas in pregnancy groups...thats what ive done! and i had a pick out of 4 :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"