Health & Exercise

Trying to Lose weight so we can ttc

I've been seeing a dr. for a the last year now, well only twice in the last year; The first appt. we discussed me losing weight before ttc so reduce risks during pregnancy as well as to hopefully regulate my cycle. That was fine, I was so pumped that we had started this journey, and then I lost 11lbs, I came back in for an appt 6mo. later and she was glad at the progress I made and it had indeed regulated me a little. So she said she'd see me again in another 6mo. my appt is on tue this week, and I've only lost another 5-7 lbs. I'm at a loss b/c I didn't make it to the goal that we set, I still have apprx. another 20lbs to lose. I thought that having a baby would be motivation enough to stick with it, but it just seems like an unreachable goal, and I'm so depressed and stressed over the whole situation, I don't know what to do to keep up the positive outlook.

Re: Trying to Lose weight so we can ttc

• Hi,

I usually post on March Mommies since that's when I'll deliver my first but came here to get some motivated to keep exercising while preggo.

That's great that you've lost 17 pounds so far (11 + 5 to 7 more pounds). I know you may have another 22# to go,, but celebrate what you have lost! Your body may have plateaued (sp), it's stuck,, which that happens to EVERYONE!!! So,, either bump up your game with working out harder, adding different things and continue with eating healthy... you will lose the other pounds,, and who knows,, you can still get pregnant!!!

I know it's difficult, eating is not always my strong point and I give up too,, but you can do it. You've done great so far! Keep your chin up!!!

kelly

• Thanks, any encouragement helps at this point, I'm worried that me stressing so much might also be having a negative effect on my fertility. It's so crazy b/c all the other females in my family popped out babies like it was going out of style.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you already trying to conceive? If your weight loss is to start trying to conceive, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't know how much you weighed before, but they say that 10% of your body weight makes a HUGE difference when trying to conceive. I have PCOS and I had an unexpected pregnancy after I lost 18 lbs. I'd recommend adding some variety to your work out. It makes it less boring and your body burns more. Taking the One-A-Day Active Metabolism multivitamins also helped me lose weight. Just don't get discouraged.  Also, make sure you eat enough, healthy, but enough. Otherwise that can slow down your weigh loss as well. It's not healthy to starve yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well we had been ttc for a few years on our own before we went to get help and then she suggested that I lose weight because all the bloodwork and tests that were done came back normal. It did regulate me but still no O. So yeah we've still been ttc while I'm losing the weight. I just got back from the doctor today and she prescribed me with Clomid so I'll start that when I get AF. She said I've done really well in the weight department I've lost 18lbs so far. I've been trying to switch between running, tae bo, pilates and aerobics. And I'm just taking a normal prenatal vitamin.

• First of all, don't get down on yourself.  Pat yourself on the back for proactively getting healthy to start your family.  I agree with what was suggested earlier.  It is much harder to stick with working out if you get bored and don't enjoy it.  Make sure you are having fun, keep changing it up and it always helps if you can get a partner to join with you (also helps keep you accountable)!  Keep up the hard work, and you will continue to see results!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"