2nd Trimester

TMI: If I don't poop soon I think I might die.

Seriously. This is probably the worst part so far.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TMI: If I don't poop soon I think I might die.

• Metamucil has always helped me. You know the hardcore orange stuff. Not the weiner clear and grit free stuff they have available now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Been there!  I think the actual pooping is worse. Sorry I have no suggestions or help, just sympathy.
  • Loading the player...
  • have you tried colace? apple/prune juice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just started taking Miralax 2 days ago, and I feel a lot better today.  Give it a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Milk of Magnesia. The directions say less than 1/2 the cap that comes with it, but my doc says to take 2 full ones lol. Seems like a lot and tastes absolutely awaful but has worked like a charm, in a matter of 1-3 hours for me. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • Be sure to run this by your OB first, of course.

I was told to take Miralax once a day, along w/ three Colace and a TON of prune juice and dried fruit.

It has made a world of difference in the last week for me. And we had gotten to a really bad point before this.

Good luck, I know how miserable it is.

• A glycerin suppository is on my OB's list of approved options.  There are always a lot of dietary suggestions and suggestions for stool softeners.  But I think when you are at the point where you are right now (and I've been there, too) then you need a suppository to get some relief.  You can drink the juice and take the stool softeners after you finally get a movement.
  • Dont wish too hard......

I have been severly constipated from the VERY beginning, and now I cant stay off the toilet :-(

• imageErin031811:

Dont wish too hard......

I have been severly constipated from the VERY beginning, and now I cant stay off the toilet :-(

I've been on both ends of this spectrum too and would much rather have a problem staying off the toilet than be constipated, lol!  To the op, try a suppository like someone else mentioned.  I had to do that when I was pregnant with ds and it did help.   

• Just go grab some Taco Bell :P

Naw, but PPs are right with the Metamucil. Also, you could try eating some prunes or other dried fruit. Those help too. 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"