Postpartum Depression
Options

prozac during pregnancy

Anyone take it? What type of effects did it have on you? Did you continue on it after delivery?

I struggled with depression and anxiety for many years but went off my meds when we started TTC. I was doing well for a few months but unfortunately, my symptoms have returned and amplified. I did not have this experience or PPD with my other two children. I hate feeling the way I do right now so  I decided to reach out to my OB yesterday for some help and this is what she prescribed.

Just looking for some feedback and support. Thanks!

David John 4.19.01
Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
Anna Capri 5.4.11

Re: prozac during pregnancy

• Options

I just want to say I'm sorry you are going through this. I ended up with depression at 16 weeks. It was terrible but got better after about 3 months of being  on Zoloft, seeing a therapist and psychiatrist. My doctors and therapist are in Philly if you want to talk to other doctors about the med. I am still taking the Zoloft and will probably be on it until Cooper is 1.

Good Luck I hope it helps.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Options
    My psychiatrist put me on prozac because it is the most researched antidepressant for pregnancy, by OB agreed that prozac is fine for pregnancy.  I just started taking it last night, so I cant speak of the side effects. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"