Florida Babies

Anyone from the Nokomis area? Need recs please!

I'm coming down with my dh to visit his grandfather next month and hoping someone could point me in the direction of things to do and good restaurants?  Please tell me there's something to do that's fun!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone from the Nokomis area? Need recs please!

• I live in the Venice area and LOVE it - it is the town just south of Nokomis.  If you like the beach, we have the BEST beaches.  Nokomis has Casey Key beach - just off Albee Rd, then there is Venice & Casperson Beach on the island of Venice.  If you have kids there is a great water fountain for kids on the Island of Venice - although there is also one downtown Sarasota which looks great too.  There is LOTS to do around here, just depends on what you like - downtown Sarasota has Selby Gardens, Ringling Museum, Mote Marine Aquarium just off St. Armands Circle - which is another FUN place to go that has great restaurants, etc.  The island of Venice has lots of good restaurants - we LOVE the Crows Nest down by the Jetty - HIGHLY recommend the One Way Salad. Sharkey's is also great as it is right on the beach.  And the Venice area is the Sharks tooth capital of the world so be sure to keep your eye out for the little black/brown prehistoric sharks teeth on the beach - kids will love searching for them. 

Lemme know if you have any other questions - HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"