St. Louis Babies

OBGYN Recommendations

I did see the post from March with several great recommendations but I just thought I would ask again to see if there are any additional dr's I should consider.

I'm 11 weeks along and my last appointment with my dr was awful.  I need to switch and I'm really worried about it.  I didn't know where to start until I remembered the local STL board :)  Thanks to everyone that replied in March. 

I hope I can find a dr I can click with and get the help and support I need. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: OBGYN Recommendations

• Healthcare Group for Women at MoBap. I love Dr. Rempe and Dr. Rockaman!

• I highly recommend Dr Schnapp at Premier Women's Healthcare (located off Gravois in Fenton).  She works at St Anthony's and St. Johns.  She fully supports the Bradley Method/non-intervention for childbirth and is also pro-active when it comes to any potential problems (a great combination in my book).  She has been my ob-gyn for about 4-5 years and diagnosed and relieved me of a fibroid tumor I had in 2007.  Great doctor, great office!
  • Loading the player...
  • nrb4576nrb4576 member
    Women's Care Consultants at Mo Bap is great.  I see Dr. Gigi Streiff, but all of the partners are wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Consultants in Women's Health at MoBap and LOVE it. Here's the website:  https://www.cwhc.net/
  • ajanesajanes member
    imagemnmplusthree:

Healthcare Group for Women at MoBap. I love Dr. Rempe and Dr. Rockaman!

I second this.  I see Dr. Klabi, their partner.  I had a great experience with all of them.

• I just found out that I am pregnant, and need to find an OBGYN in the Illinois side. I live in the Metro East area and the closest Hospitals to me are Memorial and St. Elizabeths. Can anyone recommend a good one in this area. I would really like to avoid a group practice where I don't know what doctor will show up at the birth. I want to know who my doctor is and that he/she will be there for me throughout the whole thing. Help!
  • imagesmireland:
    I just found out that I am pregnant, and need to find an OBGYN in the Illinois side. I live in the Metro East area and the closest Hospitals to me are Memorial and St. Elizabeths. Can anyone recommend a good one in this area. I would really like to avoid a group practice where I don't know what doctor will show up at the birth. I want to know who my doctor is and that he/she will be there for me throughout the whole thing. Help!

In Maryville at Anderson hospital is Dr. Hulsen and Dr. Dalla Riva.  They are the only 2 Dr's in that practice.  So if one doesn't deliver the other one will.  They are AMAZING Dr's and I highly suggest looking into them! 

• I'm sure you've found someone by now, but if not, I highly recommend Dr. Daniel McNeive at St. John's.  He, and all of his partners for that matter, is really good, takes as much time with you as you need, and never acts bothered when you call the office with questions, and I probably call weekly! lol  He's also very gentle and calming, which is just what you want when you're in labor! 
  • imagemkoelker:

imagesmireland:
    I just found out that I am pregnant, and need to find an OBGYN in the Illinois side. I live in the Metro East area and the closest Hospitals to me are Memorial and St. Elizabeths. Can anyone recommend a good one in this area. I would really like to avoid a group practice where I don't know what doctor will show up at the birth. I want to know who my doctor is and that he/she will be there for me throughout the whole thing. Help!

In Maryville at Anderson hospital is Dr. Hulsen and Dr. Dalla Riva.  They are the only 2 Dr's in that practice.  So if one doesn't deliver the other one will.  They are AMAZING Dr's and I highly suggest looking into them! 

I second Hulsen. I've been going to him for a few years and he is the best doctor I have ever had for anything. I also know several other women who go to him and several babies he has delivered. I've never heard a complaint.

• I go to Brennan OBGYN, they have an office in Waterloo and South County. They are 3 brothers, I go to Dr. Richard in Waterloo and I love him!

• I agree.  Dr. Dalla Riva and Hulsen are amazing and their NP, Monica, is also amazing.  I love their staff as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would recommend Dr Frederick Durer, he delivered my son (even though he was NOT my OB, or even a doctor in the same practice) and I liked him so much, I switched to him immediately after.  My previous OB was Dr Beth Gearhart, and I would absolutely never recommend her.
  • I went to Women's Care Consultants and I loved them all, but Dr. Philpott is "my" OB. 

I switched in my 1st trimester from Dr. Gearhardt to Dr. Philpott.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Elisabeth Huelskoetter is awesome. Friendly, funny, down to earth, always smiling, makes you feel really comfortable. Either I'm one of a kind, or she remembers patients really well, lol. MUCH better than any other OBGYN I've ever been to. I'm traveling from 45 minutes on the IL side of the river to her office for visits, if that tells you anything.
  • All of the ladies at Women's Health Partners are great.  Dr. Campbell delivered DD, and she was fabulous.  She's a great doctor, and very empathetic.  Love her!
    http://www.SoooBig.WordPress.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"