Secondary IF

Anyone else kind of freaked at actually having another child?

Ok, I know this is probably not the best board to ask this on because obviously most of the women here really want another baby. However, I am really scared. Like, really scared. DS will be 3 in February and I am starting to question whether or not I really want to go through with this again. I just picked up my Femara RX today and start taking it again tomorrow. After a cancelled cycle this past summer, we are really starting the process gung-ho again.

I am really questioning everything. DS and I are really active and out and about all the time, and I am trying mentally to imagine how I still keep doing things with him, manage another baby, etc. Plus the thought of going through this whole fertility process again is really freaking me out. I keep asking myself, maybe we could just be happy with DS. I think I could be but I know DH wants another. And I think I do want a sibling for DS. Ok, just rambling here now, sorry!

Re: Anyone else kind of freaked at actually having another child?

• You aren't alone.  I remember thinking the same thing when we were starting Femara for our second. 

When the next baby arrives, you won't even believe that he/she hadn't been part of your family the entire time.  Now that Grant is here, it's like our family has it's missing puzzle piece. 

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Funny you posted this today because this morning I got a little freaked out about it which is really strange b/c I was pg a 2nd time  for 5 months so you would think that I wouldn't have these thoughts.  For some reason I started to think about how much things changed when we had my daughter and made me question the upheaval in our lives to add another. 

I'm pretty sure I could be happy with just one if things don't work out, so I've set a time limit on how long we will go through treatment or even trying on our own.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Loading the player...
  • I definitely am, but it is only natural since you can't even imagine what life is going to be life when adding another one to the mix.  I feel guilty for thinking this way and I sometimes think that maybe thats why I'm not pregnant b/c I am sending negative energy regarding #2 out into the universe....I know this isn't the case, but SIF definitely has me think crazy sometimes. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I am feeling the same way. We are getting ready to do 4th round of TTC. We have put a limit to how much we will do also. I am only planing of going as far as inflatables and if have another loss we are done. It is hard when you have done it once and gone though it all and just to have to do it again is very scary. I hope you don't have to wait long or can figure out what you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never felt that way up until I got pregnant with twins.  Than I was like OMG what have I done?  

Now I can tell you it is great and Harm is never happier than now that he has his siblings.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • We had decided to take a break and decide the month we got pg.  And now that I am pg, and like you said I desperately wanted to get pg, I am FREAKING out.  How do I got from the relative ease of a 3.5 year old to a NB again?  I think we all have those thoughts. 
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You aren't alone. It seems like the longer it takes to get pregnant the easier it is to question your decisions. I personally fear multiples and we have put a pause on fertility drugs after two rounds of failed clomid. Just not sure I can be a mom of twins.
  • My daughter is 10yo.  TEN!!!!!!  Do you realize how many years its been since I've had to really DO things for a child?  She's extremely self-sufficient and has been for a long time.  There are days where the thought of "omg what am i thinking!!!!" goes through my head.
  • I totally am!!! I have a consult with the RE on Friday and my son is 9 months... he just started sleeping from 7-7 this week!!! Before this he was up all night!!! Am I really ready to do it all over?? Plus draggin him to all the RE appts and blood work and u/s... i went to target today and i was thinking omg I gotta get a double stoller and I just go this one... My DH works a ton which allows me to stay home with my son.. I am very blessed to be able to stay home but, it will be so much harder with 2... I want my kids to be close so I am just going to suck it up... Well you know wha I mean...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"