Product Recalls

Britax Recalls Chaperone Infant Car Seats

November 2, 2010: Britax Child Safety, Inc. announced a safety recall today on its CHAPERONE? Infant Car Seat, after determining that the chest clip on the car seat was incorrectly manufactured. The resulting chest clips are in fact more brittle than intended, which has raised concern that it could snap or break easily. In the event this happens, the sharp edges of the broken chest clip pose a risk of causing skin lacerations, while the fractured pieces of the chest clip may present a small parts/choking hazard.

Wondering if your car seat is affected? The recall includes any CHAPERONE Infant Car Seat with the following model numbers:  E9L95P2, E9L95P3, E9L95P5, E9L69N9, (Sold in the US) E9L69P2, E9L69P3, and E9L69P5 (Sold in Canada)  manufactured between April 2009 and May 2010. 

If you are using one of the above models and your chest clip breaks, Britax advises parents to remove the broken chest clip from the harness immediately, along with any fragments. The CHAPERONE Infant Car Seat can continue to be used until the replacement chest clip is installed. BRITAX will provide a free repair kit that contains a replacement chest clip. An instruction sheet in the remedy kit with with specific instructions and visuals to help parents install the replacement  clip. 

> Need more info? Contact the Britax information line, toll free at 1-888-427-4829.

Re: Britax Recalls Chaperone Infant Car Seats

• Thank you so much for this!  I registered my Car Seat as soon as I got it, but apperently they never received my information.  I called as soon as I read this and they are sending me out a kit.  Thanks again!!!
  • Thank you for the heads up!! I just received this car seat in the mail the other day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"