Houston Babies

New to the Board - Clear Lake OBGYN Recs?

Hi Ladies -

I have been in the Houston area for a little over a year.  My husband and I have 2 kiddos, one of which I was pregnant with when we moved here.  I delivered at Clear Lake Regional with Dr. Taylor.  Overall, I liked Dr. Taylor, but thought she was a little over the top.  I was hospitalized for possible PTL and then again, for a stomach virus.  Both times, she was so insistent on covering herself, that I could not get discharged until seeing one of the high-risk OBs, which took 2 days the first time I was hospitalized.  All the while, the nurses were insisting that my contractions were under control and I should be able to go home.  But, she refused to discharge me and the high-risk OBs were too busy to see me.  To top it off, it was flu season, so no children were allowed at the hospital, so during this time, I was going crazy not being able to see my toddler (who was only 16 months at the time). 

We plan on having a third eventually, so I was hoping to get some more recommendations in the area.  Are there any OBs in the area that also have midwives in their practice?

Thanks Ladies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: New to the Board - Clear Lake OBGYN Recs?

• I love my OB.  Dr. Korman with Bay Area OB/Gyn.  He is male which I know some people don't like but I don't have an issue with it.  If you would rather a female, Dr. Michelle Blackwell is great.
  • Dr. Shree Visaria.  She's awesome and I wished she never moved out there!
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Dr. Beth Files at Clear Lake OB/GYN.  I really like her.  She is very down to earth and easy to talk to.  Dr. Nisbet actually delivered T b/c she was on-call and she did a good job - very calm energy.  No midwife at the practice though. 
  • I go to Dr. Klein at OGA.  He's seen me through infertility, a breech baby, and a miscarriage and I love, love, love him.  He's funny, but serious when he needs to be.  He cares about his patients.  When I had the miscarriage, he insisted that I come in, squeezed me in to his schedule so that I didn't have to wait long in the waiting room, and gave me a big hug when he saw me.  That spoke volumes to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageM&M614:
    I go to Dr. Klein at OGA.  He's seen me through infertility, a breech baby, and a miscarriage and I love, love, love him.  He's funny, but serious when he needs to be.  He cares about his patients.  When I had the miscarriage, he insisted that I come in, squeezed me in to his schedule so that I didn't have to wait long in the waiting room, and gave me a big hug when he saw me.  That spoke volumes to me.

I also to go to this practice, except I see Dr. LaBlanc, Dr. Klein assisted with my c-section.  But I love, love these people.  I was in last week and saw the PA, who hugged me when she came in, then as I was leaving passed Dr. LaBlanc in the hallway, who also hugged me and asked how my baby's health was....I always feel very cared for there, and not just in the medical sense.  

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • imageLisaK2b:
    Dr. Shree Visaria.  She's awesome and I wished she never moved out there!

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Dr. Taylor =(. She is my OB and I LOVE her.

Dr. Visaria and Dr. Choy are in the same office as Dr. Taylor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also go to OGA, I have Dr. Ramos as my doctor. I wasn't comfortable with a male at first , but he made me feel comfortable. I like the whole practice. I can see him a the Clear lake office and /or the one on Fannin.

What's also nice is that if I have a question , I can email him and he will get back to be either by phone or email the same day!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"