Connecticut Babies

Prenatal Yoga?

Hey ladies I was wondering if anybody has done Prenatal Yoga with Leslie Robinson @ the Yoga Center in Hamden?

Even if you haven't done it with her in particular, has anybody done prenatal yoga? What did you like most about it? Did it help during delivery?

Thanks for any advice

Re: Prenatal Yoga?

• I'm a very active person and have always found yoga in general to be pretty boring. However, because of pregnancy I have been enrolled in a prenatal yoga class for a month now. Originally I thought the stretching was still boring and didn't quite see how it could help in L&D. But, now that I have also gone through childbirth classes I can definitely see how helpful yoga is. So overall, I am very glad to be doing prenatal yoga and would recommend it to others.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still do the prenatal with Leslie every tuesday.  I love her and I love the class.  There is a couple of people (myself included) that have switched from other yoga centers tried this one and LOVED it!  I would recommend it and email her or call her, she is awesome!  If you have any questions you can ask me.

And I think Yoga has kept me stong and limber this pregnancy, it has helped with hurting and aching body parts, haha!

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!! I actually just looked up the # for prenatal yoga with Leslie Robinson.1 of my midwives is good friends with Leslie and recommended I check her out.How much are the classes? And what time on Tuesdays are they?
  • Do you go to womens health?  My midwives recommended her too, thats why I ask.

The classes are at 5:30, and I would recommend that you sign up for the series because then the class is $13 each.  We only have one more class in this series and then a new one begins.  I think they are like 6 week long series.  Otherwise you would pay the drop in fee which is $16 for each class .

The nice thing is when you get close to your due date you don't have to pay for the whole series you can pay the series price but only pay for one class at a time.  

I hope this was helpful. 

And just thought I would share this with you, if you are looking for an alternative birthing class.  Birth partners is a great class.  She has the class in Derby and I just finished it and it was fantastic!  One other girl in the yoga class took it and loved it also.

• How is Debbie & Elise? I used to use them, but they don't accept my insurance...
  • I love them!  They are so patient and informative and always take the time to answer any questions over the phone or in person.  I just love them!
  • imagedonnaking7807:

Do you go to womens health?  My midwives recommended her too, thats why I ask.

The classes are at 5:30, and I would recommend that you sign up for the series because then the class is $13 each.  We only have one more class in this series and then a new one begins.  I think they are like 6 week long series.  Otherwise you would pay the drop in fee which is $16 for each class .

The nice thing is when you get close to your due date you don't have to pay for the whole series you can pay the series price but only pay for one class at a time.  

I hope this was helpful. 

And just thought I would share this with you, if you are looking for an alternative birthing class.  Birth partners is a great class.  She has the class in Derby and I just finished it and it was fantastic!  One other girl in the yoga class took it and loved it also.

• Whoops hit  the post button before responding! No I actually go to a clinic in fair haven.My mother went there while pregnant with me and my 2 brothers.So I decided to go there as well.It's funny because the midwife that delivered me is teaching the prenatal group that I belong to and might possibly deliver my child. Her name is Kate Mitcheom and she is the midwife who recommended Leslie.

Thanks for the info on the class.Can I call anytime?

As far as the birthing class goes.What exactly is discussed/taught? Sorry if I sound stupid.I'm new to all this!!

Thanks again for your help!

• Thats neat about your midwife!

I would call at anytime, I think on the website they put the community number but also leslie's personal number.

The birthing class that we went to just shows you the other side of birthing.  If you are looking for a natural class.  The hospitals really focus on the "medical"  part. This really focuses on you and the baby and the partner. I was looking specifically for a Bradley instructor and its really hard to find one in CT.  She does a mixture of Bradley .  I walked away feeling very informed and even though I have a midwife and I am going natural the class showed me the questions I should even ask them.  And just what to expect. 

The Doula Janet that owns Birth Partners is fabulous.  She will answer any question.  The first time I talked to her she took like 20 minutes to explain everything to me.  

• Hi girls,

I also just finished up with Birth Partners in Derby and thought Janet was pretty good too. As for Debbie and Elise at Women's Health... I'm glad I picked them!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did prenatal yoga for the majortity of my pregnancy. I liked that I took time out of my week to work on me and the baby. If helped me feel more centered and focused. I learned a lot of relaxing tips and positions to help labor along. My goal was to have a med free birth which I had, it was the most beautiful experience in the world!
  • imageCTmommy29:

Hi girls,

I also just finished up with Birth Partners in Derby and thought Janet was pretty good too. As for Debbie and Elise at Women's Health... I'm glad I picked them!

I took my class with Janet and birth partners.. loved the class!

• I also do prenatal yoga with Leslie Robinson at Your Community Yoga Center in Hamden.  I have never been one for yoga, but I really enjoy her class!  She is also a certified nurse midwife and will answer questions you have about your pregnancy too.  I highly recommend it.  This is my first pregnancy and I just moved here to Connecticut.  I joined mostly to meet other pregnant women - but turns out I like the class too!  :-)

Any of you local gals looking to hang out or make new prego friends??

Michele 

• imagemichele.sibley:

I also do prenatal yoga with Leslie Robinson at Your Community Yoga Center in Hamden.  I have never been one for yoga, but I really enjoy her class!  She is also a certified nurse midwife and will answer questions you have about your pregnancy too.  I highly recommend it.  This is my first pregnancy and I just moved here to Connecticut.  I joined mostly to meet other pregnant women - but turns out I like the class too!  :-)

Any of you local gals looking to hang out or make new prego friends??

Michele 

Hi Michele,

I think I got a chance to meet you before I had my baby.  I sat over by the mats and my name is donna and I was 37 weeks the tuesday before i went into labor.  Don't you just love leslie!!

Has anybody else had there baby? How are you feeling?

• I haven't been very regularly lately...holidays, finals, and work been keeping me busy!  Congrats on the baby!!  How's life as a mother?

I'm feeling great.  No issues here.  I haven't heard any new birth stories from Leslie, but a few of the late 30-weekers haven't been around.  I assume they have had their babies. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"