Two Under 2

An alternative to using a leash...

Since we just discussed this recently I thought I'd share our experience this weekend.

We've never leashed but I certainly wished I'd had one when at the airport by myself with 2 both walking (in different directions).

We no longer use a wagon or stroller and "stick with the pack" is something my guys know and repeat easily.

We went to Boo at the Zoo Saturday without DH.  It was an insane mad house.  Usually they do well but it was all very overwhelming and distracting and I knew I was gonna need a better game plan because Jace was wandering a bit.

I was wearing a back pack and it had straps hanging off it.  I didn't have the waist band part buckled so they were hanging low enough for the kids to reach.

When we got to a congested area of the zoo I made THEM hold MY leash until we were in a less crowded place.

So.....  no one gave me the side eye for having my kids walking ME on a leash instead of the other way around.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone's looking for a leash alternative. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: An alternative to using a leash...

• Smart! So that worked better than just having them hold your hands?
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imagemacchiatto:
    Smart! So that worked better than just having them hold your hands?

Much.  The youngest is kinda "anti-hand holding" when he's in a mood but he had zero objections to holding the back pack strap. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome. We've tried having DS1 hold to a jacket but it doesn't last long. But maybe a strap like that would be much easier to hold on to. Thanks for the idea!
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • that is smart!

i have a HUGE carabeaner (sp?) clip on the side of my double stroller that DS1 holds on to - he knows when i say "hold your handle" that he needs to go to it.... it's been really helpful.

you could even clip those to your belt loops if needed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"