Single Parents
Options

Late FFFC

I am jealous that SD son gets $240 a month for CS and I am only getting $50. I do not care if I make more money then the other mom and that I make double what SD makes. This money is for my daughter not me. I do not plan to spend the CS as I plan to put it away but still it is not fair to my daughter and I am hoping that with fighting in court next week hers will get reduced so its 50/50 with my daughter.

Sorry it just really bothers me, I work my ass off and get no support as I make to much then they only want to give me $50. I know I should be happy with that and I am but don't think its fair his son gets more. 

Re: Late FFFC

• Options
    My understanding is that the courts figure the first child was already a responsability when the second child came along. So if he cant afford the first, he shouldn't have had the second and that they will not reduce one to add to the other. I hope for your sake this is not accurate, I wouldn't get your hopes up either way!
  • Options
    I know this is FFFC but if she makes less money she should get more. Why should it be 50/50. I do not agree. Sorry
    image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have zero experience with CS, but do they figure in your expenses compare to your income level?

I hate, hate, hate how many things just look solely at someone's income -- they could care less if you're paying for a mortgage, car, daycare, insurance, etc. by yourself. It irritates me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Keith2B:

I have zero experience with CS, but do they figure in your expenses compare to your income level?

I hate, hate, hate how many things just look solely at someone's income -- they could care less if you're paying for a mortgage, car, daycare, insurance, etc. by yourself. It irritates me.

Child support isn't about maintaining YOUR lifestyle, it is about support for the child.  Why should an ex pay more if you have a house you can no longer afford or a car you shouldn't have bought?  From a public policy standpoint taking expenses like houses and cars into account encourages poor money management and would be prone to abuse by vindictive mothers.

• Options
    imageBostonGayGal:
    imageMrs.Keith2B:

Child support isn't about maintaining YOUR lifestyle, it is about support for the child.  Why should an ex pay more if you have a house you can no longer afford or a car you shouldn't have bought?  From a public policy standpoint taking expenses like houses and cars into account encourages poor money management and would be prone to abuse by vindictive mothers.

Last time I checked being able to pay your mortgage and car payment were items that directly benefit your child. My DS needs a house to live in and a car for his mom to go to and from work.

If my STBXH voluntarily walked away from a mortgage he was partially responsible for, that's not maintaining MY lifestyle. That's him walking out on his portion of the financial responsibilities. I imagine that's the case in a lot of these situations. I refuse to be one of those people who let their house go back to the bank because they "can't afford" to pay their mortgage.

FWIW, I don't get CS, my STBXH and I have an informal agreement for now. His name is on our mortgage AND my car loan. I don't hold him responsible for those -- I'm the one living in the house and driving my car. I make those payments, no questions asked. However, that makes my montly expenses extremely tight. He pays for half of daycare and his half of our cell phone bills. If and when we file for divorce, I imagine that might change. I can see him getting bitter and I might be forced to file for CS. Anything I might get would go solely towards DS's daycare expenses.

I guess my point is that just because someone's income seems to be higher than others, that doesn't mean their expenses don't negate most of it. Some of these women were stuck covering what their X's left behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I understand that this is a confession, but try to put yourself in that other Mom's shoes. If you were already getting support for YOUR child and your ex got someone else knocked up, how would YOU feel if that other women went to court to try and take away from your child. Sorry, that's not fair. You knew that your ex had another child when you slept with him, just because your relationship didn't work out doesn't mean that you should take from another child.

And yes, I have a basis for this. I have my oldest son and his father went on to have 3 more kids. He has never wanted to give less to my son just because he procreated with someone else and I would be livid if he did.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    I had no clue he had another child till I was 6 months pregnant. I understand she needs the money just as much as I do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"